Monday, April 13, 2009

What a Monday.

Chelsea woke me up at her usual 4AM and I HAD to get up at 6. I did get more sleep which is a good thing because it was such a busy day.

I felt that I had put in almost a full days work before I left for bible study at a little after 9AM.

There were 6 of us there today. A nice group. Next Sunday's Gospel is the story of Thomas. Our usual source of information (Blest are We) has an error and is showing the Easter readings as being the readings for all of the Sundays until Pentecost.

I found a nice site that gave sample sermons (I assume for ministers etc) so I took advantage of it. I liked what it had to say about Thomas.

"Sometimes I think Thomas gets a bum rap. Everyone calls him "Doubting Thomas." But he only doubted for a week. He certainly seems to have done more believing than he ever did doubting.

Thomas said that he would not believe until he had seen it for himself. A rather good idea when confronted with a story as amazing as a man rising from the dead."

He did not have all the information we have and as we discussed it gave Jesus a chance to say. "Blessed are they who have no seen and yet believe." Namely us.

Stopped to see Mother next. She is looking good. The Visiting Nurse was coming by to give her some more help and training in her colostomy care. This will be her last visit, though Mother can call her with questions at any time.

When I got home, I fixed lunch and then we went to Plymouth Care for Dick's therapy. That went very well. He walked four times. Lori showed us a sock aid. It is a tool to help pull stockings on and we hope it will help prevent the abrasion sores that we are getting on his shin bone area. These heal quite quickly but occur easily because his skin is SO thin and sensitive. Hopefully because then we won't be doing tugging and possible hitting the skin with fingers it will avoid the sores. I will pick one up tomorrow.

Then I tried to take a nap. I did sleep for a bit but the phone rang with a call from the Visiting Nurses. We are going to see if I can lift a 20 inch wheel chair and if it fits halfway easily into the bathroom. This one is light and Dick DOES fit but snuggly. Because he fits snuggly, there is rubbing and it pushes harder that others that we end up in, at the clinic for example.

We had creamed egg on toast for our supper. Yum Yum.

I went to a Tallgrass Condo board meeting because I volunteered to be on an ad hoc committee to negotiate with Mark Kleinhans,the developer, for repairs and other things that need to be done around the complex. From what I see, we need to go over everything, get the promises and then follow up. It is simple but will not be at all easy. As a matter of fact with all of these people who are all "right" it will be tricky. But hopefully cool heads will prevail.

So that is my day. All settled in our nice little home with Roxie sleeping peacefully on my desk under the lamp.

Tomorrow will be a little quieter. So far we only have one appointment outside of the house, though I may have to take Chelsea in for a blood test before they will renew one of her meds. It never ends.

Have a nice Tuesday. It is supposed to be getting warmer every day this week. I wish it would be above freezing when I wake up in the morning.

Love

Mary

No comments: