Thursday, March 26, 2009

What a day. I tried really hard to get all the vacuuming done and almost made it. I had to start cooking too. I am making two desserts for St. John's Fish Fries again. I think I mentioned that. My friend Kate helps cook almost every Friday during Lent. Then they told her that she was supposed to bring desserts two Fridays. I told her that I can't commit the time to help in the kitchen but surely can take the job of baking desserts off of her plate.

Anyway - today I made an oatmeal cake and tomorrow I will make a blueberry torte and then take them over at about 4PM for the dinner. By then I will know how many dinners I have to get. Tomorrow I am going to Campbellsport to see the play rehearsal but Leslie and Bill are supposed to be arriving sometime in the afternoon. I won't be leaving until about 6:30 so there is plenty of time for us to eat together if they are available and then they would be with Dick for part of the evening. Good for Dick and Leslie to spend some time as she lives so far away. It has been a long time. Leslie and I believe that it is about 8 years. Wow. Where does time go to.

Dick had his therapy at 1:00. Tim, the prosthesis guy, was there in place of Andrea, the orthotic gal, because Andrea was sick. He stood for well over 15 minutes total and they checked the spots that we noticed might be rubbing. Tim took it with him for the adjustments and will bring it back for our next therapy on Monday.

I was exhausted when we got home so I took a nap. I had to disturb our Oscar but I think he has forgiven me. He was asleep on the couch and I just slid in next to him. He stayed for a while but decided that I was taking too much room.

When I woke up, I frosted the cake and finished the chicken soup that I had started yesterday. We had that for supper and it is really good.

Bret called tonight. He is doing just fine. The economy isn't good for anybody but he is getting along. He was going out to the river to deliver two golf carts that he had repaired for some of his neighbors. He loved the river. This is a perfect time of the year to be out there too. Though with the water right there, he likes it all year round. Heat doesn't bother him much - never has.

I called Betsy tonight too. She is here visiting her mother, Dorothy. I am sure Dorothy needs a lot of help from her. We had a nice visit. She is SO glad that Oscar and Roxie are back with me. Betsy was the one who kept telling me to just go and get them. Now they are here and I will never let that happen again.

Tomorrow should be a relatively quiet day until after 3PM. Leslie and Bill will call after they are checked into their hotel.

It is after 9PM and Chelsea has not awakened from her sleep to ask me to take her outside. Soon, I will have to wake her myself so that I can go to bed.

The oatmeal cake that I made is so easy. I got the recipe from a friend of mine who hated to fuss with baking and cooking. This one just required dumping everything together - no sifting or anything. Then I frosted it with a nice caramel icing. Too bad it is all going to the church. I will have to make one for us one of these days.

Love

Mary







I read this verse from Psalms today at the end of a nice email about a man who has reconstructed the ARK. I liked the quote so am going to share it with you all.

Love

Psalms 71:18

God, don't leave me
even when I'm old and have gray hair.
Let me live to tell my children about your power.
Let me tell all of them about your mighty acts.

No comments: