Saturday, March 28, 2009

There is a big storm coming in. We are supposed to get 4 to 6 inches of wet snow overnight. Not a good thing as far as we are concerned. After all it is supposed to be spring.

However, today, though cold , was not too uncomfortable. I picked up SHARE today. Kate and I went together. Actually, we went to the Armory and it looked much too busy for SHARE, so we thought maybe that had moved to the church on Eastern Avenue again, so we drove over there. Not a car in the lot so we went BACK to the Armory and sure enough, someone had scheduled a rummage sale the same day as the Share pickup. The coordinator of SHARE was not happy. After we got our food, Kate and I went to Mc Donalds . Kate had breakfast and I had a latte. She had not eaten because Ron was sleeping in. We had a good catch up visit. I told her that I was ready to make pasties again and she is all excited. Ron has been asking for them and we both are all out.

Home again, I fixed lunch. After lunch, we gave Dick his bath. He then put on some of the new clothes that I just got him. He is now in 2x sizes, probably could wear XL bu he likes the ability to move around comfortably.

Then I made the fruit salad for our brunch tomorrow which hopefully will come off. If the roads are too bad, we may have to postpone. Time will tell.

I went to the 4PM Mass. When I got home, Richard had called and as it turned out everybody came over here for the evening. We ordered pizza from Dee O Malley's and drank wine and visited and took pictures. I will put a picture on the net tonight. It was very fun.

Now it is almost my bedtime and we are content and happy. Oscar, however, is still under the chair.

I read a quote from Benjamin Franklin that really hits the nail on the head. "One today is worth two tomorrows."

The kids brought over a box of several things from Barbara's things that they thought Dick should have. Pictures, books, some ivory figurines and a couple of wall hanging things. They will be fun to go through.

Have a nice Sunday.

Love

Mary

No comments: