Friday, March 27, 2009

Today was a lovely day. It was not really very warm but did not feel very cold because the sun was shining and the wind stayed home.

I dropped off my reading glasses at Advanced Eye Care to have the new lenses put in. This evening it dawned on me that they never called to tell me they were ready. I had been promised a call at about three or so. Oh well, I can make do with the good old drug store readers for a couple of days.

I cleaned and baked this morning. And cleaned the kitchen floor. I had one more pan of bars to make for the Fish Fry at church and I made some Irish brown bread to take along to the play tonight. I have been hungry for brown bread and going to a production of an Irish play seemed the perfect opportunity to share it. The play Winners, 1/2 of a play written by Brian Friel called Lovers, Winners Losers was presented by the Kettle Moraine Players. We, as I told you, were invited to a dress rehearsal. It was like going to a private showing of a play, and the actors were so grateful to US for coming. They had an audience to play for and we had a question/answer session after the play. It was win win for all of us. They loved brown bread which made me feel really good.

I am up late for me. It is almost 11PM and Chelsea is getting pushy about me heading to bed.

The other exciting event for today was the arrival of Leslie and Bill. They called from their hotel at about 3:30PM. We asked them to come right away for a visit and then the three of us drove over to St. Johns to pick up fish fries for dinner. Now Leslie has had her Sheboygan fish fry and can cross that off of the to do list. They both look great. The drive up from Bossier City was easy and uneventful. (The best kind.)

I received a message from Bobbie. Bill May's sister died unexpectedly. So we need to pray for her and for her family, especially for Bill as he is ours. It is hard to lose a sibling. We are supposed to be just there.

One year when Mother came out to California for a visit, we went to see Aunt Lenore, Aunt Jo and Aunt Gee, my Grandpa Bowser's sisters. Grandpa had died the previous year. Aunt Lenore was just devastated because my Grandpa had died. She said that it did not make any sense that she felt so bad,. But he was her big brother, and even if she saw him so seldom, maybe every five years for a few hours if they were lucky, she always knew that he was there. It was just so hard to know that her big brother was not there any more.

Til tomorrow

Mary

No comments: