Sunday, March 08, 2009

Today was a very disappointing one for me. Not the whole day, of course, BUT my special event did not occur.

As I told you, I was going to go to Fond du Lac to see that Irish play. However, it rained and sleeted. I was going to try anyway, but Kate, who was going to ride with me, called after church and said that the roads were awful and that she had to scrape ice off of her car after Mass to get home. So we decided to be sensible. At least we five gals who were going to ride together and one other couple.

Two couples DID go. Janet called me after the play and said that we made the right decision. They had no problem getting there, and the play was quite good BUT when they left the roads were a sheet of ice and they were creeping home VERY carefully. I told her to call when they get home but she said that I didn't have to worry because Rich was driving. We sure have faith in our special guys don't we?

I read a bit and did some sewing down stairs. Ordinarily I would have been very happy with today, but I was just plain disappointed.

I have a feeling that tomorrow will be just as disappointing. It looks like the ice will be still there and covered by snow, so there goes bible study. Hopefully, I can get to Falls SOMETIME tomorrow because I have a prescription for Mother.

I am putting a recipe that I am tempted to try at the end of this. If you try it let me know if it works.

Mary

3-MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
>
> 1 Coffee Mug
> 4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
> 4 tablespoons sugar
> 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
> 1 egg
> 3 tablespoons milk
> 3 tablespoons oil
> 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
> Small splash of vanilla
>
> Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well .
> Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
> Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
> Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
> Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
> The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
> Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
>
> “And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
> Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at
> any time of the day or night!”
>
>

No comments: