Thursday, March 12, 2009

I can't believe that this week has gone so very fast. It has been way to traumatic.

The phone rang at about 4AM. It was Michelle with the message that Barbara had passed away just a short time before. It was a peaceful passing so we thank you all for your prayers. Dick's children are grateful. I went downstairs and gave Richard the message, then went back to bed. I was unable to get back to sleep after that. Chelsea finally got me up at 5:30AM and I just stayed up.


I had plenty to do with general cleaning and stuff around here until everybody was ready for breakfast. With Brenda and Richard still here, I scrambled eggs with onion and cream cheese. We had fruit salad and toast with it. I also spent some time this morning making Friday Chili so that if anyone is around, I will have something ready to feed them. Otherwise it keeps AND freezes well. I made it true Friday chili. Usually I used bacon grease to soften the onion and celery but today I used butter flavored crisco instead. It is good. We had some for supper.

Dick had his appointment with Dr. Moreno. Dr. Moreno proclaimed him healed. Now we need to get the shoe. He was not happy with what we think the Orthotic person is doing for the shoe so he is going to call them and discuss it with them. We just want it right.

Leah called from therapy to see if we could come in today. I told her no. I am so tired, I can hardly see anymore.

We stopped and I went in to see Mom for just a minute. The VNA were there doing their evaluation when I got there. Dolores and Ken were with her. I did not stay because I had Dick in the car with no wheel chair. Dolores and Mom will have all the information.

After lunch, I took a nap. I slept for over an hour. I am still exhausted, but that did help.

I was reading a news item, that Atheists and Christians are competing advertising on buses in Madison. The Freedom from Religion Foundation bought ads, then Pilgrim Covenant Church responded with its own ads. Rev. Ovadal said that the Foundation has a right to it's opinion and the church has "the privilege to respond with truth from the word of God." I say good for that church. We Christians have a tendency to be complacent sometimes. Witnessing is a good thing.

I did like the comment from Madison Metro also. Their spokesman Mike Rusch simply said that any ads help the Metro.

Take care.

Mary

No comments: