Monday, March 09, 2009

We are now in daylight savings time. Chelsea let me sleep until after 5 though. That is one good thing about the change. I went back to bed after she did her duty an got up at about 6:30AM. It was still rather dusky at that point. It will be a while before it is really light when we go for the real walk.

It had snowed during the night but the plows had been through AND our walk was shoveled by the time Chelsea and I went out at 7ish. It looked kind of hit and miss as far as ice, so we stuck close to home. I don't take chances.

We had called off Bible Study because most of our members were either sick, gone or afraid of ice. At about 10AM it looked OK so I went over to Mother's. I had her meds and it was a good thing I went because she did not have one to take this morning. We had a nice visit. Her neighbor was snow blowing his walk and driveway and the dear man did Mother's too. We told him he was a lifesaver. Randy usually does it but he is out of state for his work.

I showed Mom the doll I made and she really liked it. Chelsea came with me for the visit. She has been really tired since we got home. All that excitement you know.

We had dirty rice for dinner.

After dinner, I napped, then went downstairs and did some more work on the many projects that I have laid out down there. I am determined to have four CWI sweatshirt jackets done as soon as possible. The main thing is that I have them ready by May 1 for the Celtic Women Spring Fling.

Got a call from the UW Sheboygan today. There were not enough students signed up so they cancelled the class. I am so disappointed. That is two disappointments in one week.

However, I got an email from John Brandl, who told me about the play in Fond du Lac telling me that though we can't see the whole play, Lovers: Winners and Losers, the Winners portion won the Wisconsin Communtiy Theater Festival and will represent Wisconsin in the regional competition in South Bend Indiana. He invited us to Campbellsport to watch a dress rehearsal. I am definately going to take advantage of this turn of events. I know that Peg and Kathy are also delighted. Haven't heard back from Nancy or Kate or Joan Kramer.

Kitty Roxie was all over me today. She was even sitting in my lap when I was sewing downstairs. And when I took my nap, Mr. Oscar again curled up next to me and just stayed there.

So now, I am watching Dancing with the Stars and intend to go to bed as soon as it is over. So far Dancing is rather fun.

We watched an episode of Mash earlier this evening. Sometimes that show has great lines and lessons. Today, Sydney, the psychiatrist, said to Col. Potter. "You can't let the fear make the decision for you."

Isn't that something to think about.

I remember reading somewhere also the "Courage is fear that has said its prayers."


Love

Mary

No comments: