Saturday, February 21, 2009

This was an extremely LONG Saturday. Chelsea woke me up at about 4:30AM but I was able to get back to sleep until a little after 6. Then I got up and started getting to work.

At 4:30AM there was very little snow by 6 it was up to a couple of inches. I took care of the animals and prepared breakfast and showered. Then it was time to go to pick up Kate as we were going to the Plymoth Armory to pick up our Share package. By then the snow was really getting deeper. We helped them set up the tables and load them for the pick up at the Share Site. They were a bit behind because the room with the tables was locked an they had to get a key. I stopped and had a cup of tea with Kate before heading home. By then the snow was up to at least four inches. BUT I had no trouble at all UNTIL I started up that little rise into the garage and I got stuck. I spent about a half an hour shoveling the driveway and around the car and finally got it into the garage.

Needless to say, that was the last time I left the house today. It just stopped snowing less than an hour ago and the plows are finally starting their rounds. I decided to put Mass off until tomorrow morning. Hopefully, the roads will be plowed and I can get there.

This afternoon, I vacuumed the living room and the stairwell going down to the den. I tried to take a nap but two cups of tea really did me in. So I made soup instead. My friend Nancy gave me a Garden Vegetable Soup last summer and I had frozen corn and zuccini so decided it was time to make it again. With Lent starting on Wednesday, I will have something to eat that is meatless. It is really good. Nancy's son John gave it to her.

Did I tell you that the other day, I looked in the "cat's" room shortly after I gave them their food. Chelsea was sitting there just watching them and both cats, unconcerned, were just eating as if she wasn't even there. So I guess they are OK. They are not intimidated by her obviously and she knows that she has to wait until they are done before she can look for any leavings.

I recieved a mailing from UW Sheboygan yesterday and found a three week storytelling course. It is in March. I asked Dick if he would mind if I went and he said it would be OK. Kate wants to go with me. That way, since the course is from 6 to 8 PM I won't be traveling back and forth alone.

So the day is winding down and so am I. I have a beautiful quote that is part of a rather long mailing that I received the other day.

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet foice at the end of the day saying....'I will try again tomorrow.' " by Mary Ann Radmacher

Be safe and warm and have a perfect Sunday. I want to just do fun stuff. We are going to get a pizza and watch the Oscars in the evening.

All my love

Mary

No comments: