Sunday, February 22, 2009

No snow today and miracle of miracles, I woke up to find that our driveway plowed and the sidewalk and porch shoveled. Isn't that just the nicest thing to happen?

There was really no good place for Chelsea. The snow Is so deep that the only way she can do her business is to run in cirles as fast as she can to tamp down a spot so she can squat. Quite picture.

Dick and I had the excitement of giving him a bath again. We ARE getting better at it. It is the transfer that gets exciting. But we got it done in record time this morning. In time for me to go to Mass at 10:45AM. I prefer going on Saturday, as you know, but when I got stuck yesterday morning trying to get back into the garage, and the snow continued throughout the day, there was no way on this earth that I would have attempted it last night.

On the way home from church, I filled the gas tank and stopped at Papa John's for a pizza. Dick and I had decided that this would be a good Oscar supper. And it was.

After lunch, I lay down for a nap. That was refreshing. Later I spent about an hour downstairs working on the doll. He now has a face, arms and a vest. Need to work on a jacket and some other touches. I also set up my quilt frame. I have decided that that wall hanging I designed cannot be stretched tight enough and stitched properly except by hand, so by hand I will do it. I am sure the cats will enjoy the hammock.

Now it is Oscar time and it is a good show. We have not been to one single movie this past year and are still enjoying the presentation. So that tells you something.

They just made a statement that struck me. That there was a time when people dressed up to go to work at the phone company. I remember getting dressed up to go to the store oand always to Church dressed up and wearing a hat and gloves. We even had gloves to match our outfits. I remember at one time that Mother, Nora and I had a favorite hat that just matched all of our summer clothes and we would go to different masses so that we could all wear the hat. It was a straw hat with a broad brim and I remeber there were three large silk flowers in the rim, all different colors but they all blended together. In those days there were four masses every Sunday morning as there were a lot more priests. Even little Sheboygan Falls had a pastor and an assistant pastor at all times.

This is a rather quiet week at least so far. Hope yours is either quiet too or super exciting.

Love

Mary

No comments: