Monday, February 23, 2009

Here we are at the beginning of a brand new week. It is the last week in February AND the first week in Lent. A lot happening all to-onct. Don't know if that is a word but Dick and I use it often.

Poor Dick was a real sleepyhead this morning so I had to keep pushing him to get him bathed and fed before I left for Bible Study. We managed though. I was able to leave just a little after 9AM. I stopped at Mom's before the bible study to pick up some things that she wanted to go to the church office. She was unable to go to church yesterday because of the slippery spots AND the extreme cold. So I got a bulletin for her too.

We had nice bible study. The readings all kind of reflected the first reading which tells of God's covenant told to Noah which was marked by the rainbow. We commented on how good the rainbow makes people feel and how excited we get when we see one. The reading states that the bow is a covenant for ALL people, not just the Israelites so perhaps that is why it gives us such a feeling of well being.

Ione was unable to come. Please pray for her as she is having some health issues. Also pray for my friend Wally, who is having heart surgery in the morning.

I read Jim and Michelle's blog today. That Jim is becoming quite the cook. Corn muffins from scratch, that is quite a coup. I had a friend who tried that once and he was out of some ingredient so tried another and they turned into monster muffins with funny centers. He said that it was a good thing that Bob would eat anything because he would have had to throw them out otherwise.

I spent a bit of time this afternoon sewing a jacket for the little doll that I am making. He is coming together, just like everything else that I do, one step at a time. I need to decide on his beard and what he will be carrying. When he is done, I will send a picture. I also did a bit of writing today. Hopefully things will stay fairly calm and we will get into a routine that will allow me to do these things that are fun for me and make me feel that I am fulfilled.

Mother was remembering a man that came to visit Dad for a while. He would show up every few weeks and visit with Dad and tell Dad all of his woes and problems, then just before he left, he would hit Dad up for a few bucks to get him by. Finally Dad had to tell him that he did not have the money to give him. Surprise, Surprise, they guy never came again. The last time he came he brought his son who was living at the Salvation Army, the son did get bus fare out of Dad as he said that if he did not get back to the shelter before a certain time he would not have a place to sleep. Dad was such a gentle caring man that I am sure he was taken advantage of many times. He would have shrugged it off as he cared so much for others.

My cousin Patty said one time that his big heart spilled out all over the place out of him and you had to be careful not to step on it.

Have a special Tuesday. Tomorrow is special for us. We are going to have Dick fitted for his new shoe. Yippee.

Mary

No comments: