Friday, February 27, 2009

Another very good day. We had to be at the Plymouth Center Therapy at 9:30AM. Andrea from Wisconsin Prosthetics was there to measure Dick's foot for the shoe. The premade shoe WILL work with the adaptations that Andrea has to make. As I understand, she will be building an ankle brace onto it and then making an insert to provide the perfect fit. With any luck at all she will have the shoe ready in two weeks. Then he can start walking. Yippee!!!!

You will have to wait to see a picture of the doll that I am making. I am not quite done with it after all. The day got just too busy.

This morning I had to make a second dessert to take to St. John's this afternoon to be served at their fish fry. I made a Cherry Dream Pie, a recipe that my wonderful (I would say sweet, but Lil was not sweet. ) mother in law used to make. It is truely delicious. A bit putzy as you have to make it in three stages but it is easy too.

So at about 3:30PM I took the carrot cake and the Cherry Dream Pie over to church and picked up a fish fry dinner for Dick. I did not eat dinner at home tonight. My friend Toni had invited me to a Tastefully Simple Party.

After I saw that Dick was fed and fed the critters. Nancy Roehre and I met out at Rhine to shoot pistol league at 5PM. Nancy had her grandson, Jack, with her. Jack looked about 9 or 10 and enjoyed watching us "older" ladies shooting our guns. She and Jack left right after we were done so I visited for about an hour with the guys and then went over to Toni's house.

I got there a bit early so I watched Toni and Theresa set everything up for the feeding frenzy that takes place at these parties. We sampled several dips, (Onion, Garlic, Cheese), a beer bread, a soup, a cheese ball, a cake and various chips and crackers. Never Never eat before you go to one of these. I knew that.

I got to meet Toni's new dog, a Shih-tzu, named Roxie. She is still a puppy. John was adamant that he did not want a dog and that Toni would be totally responsible. I wish you could see him now. That little creature has just wrapped him around her little paw. She is a sweety. Toni put her downstairs in her cage for a little while but she cried. So I asked if she really had to stay there. When Toni brought her up she just curled up on my feet and went to sleep. I had a good time anyway.

This weekend will be very quiet. I need to pick up some prescriptions at Walgreens and I also will go to Mass but the rest of the time in ours to just be at home. I want to finish the doll, I have some cleaning to catch up on AND I want to read.

I have a very warm kitty sitting on my lap and purring her heart out as I do this. At least she is not sitting in front of the screen. When we lived at Hunters Glen, Oscar was the one who spent most of his time on my desk. Here it is Roxie. However, Oscar is my cuddler at night. He always comes to be my little friend when I go to bed at night. I am SO glad that they are back with me. I think they are too though I know they loved being in their foster home. Maybe they believed me when I told them that they would be coming back to me.


Love

Mary

No comments: