Thursday, February 26, 2009

Today started off on a very pleasant note. I got up at a bit after 6, took care of feeding the critters and putting out the pills. Then Chelsea and I went for a nice long walk. No deer today but we did see and hear the cardinal and I heard the phoebe singing in the early morning.

We were busy all morning getting Dick bathed, the pad on his foot changed. We had a very good breakfast too. Fried potato, egg, spam and toast. I vacuumed the cat's room and the hall while Dick napped. (He sleeps well to the sound of the vacuum.) I also made a carrot cake for the fish fry tomorrow at St. John's. I will be making Lily's Cherry Dream Pie tomorrow as I said I would make two desserts. I kept two scoops of the carrot cake out and baked cupcakes. BOY are they good. We had them for dessert tonight.

We had rice and meatballs for lunch. Then Dick went to therapy at 1:30PM. That went very well. We went into an apartment area of the Center and Dick practiced standing up in front of a sink. We are going to work on that in the kitchen this weekend. He is getting more and more independent and able to do for himself every day.

When we got home, I found a message from Wisconsin Prosthesis that the shoe we are going to try has arrived. Lori, the therapist called them and we are going to be able to try it tomorrow. I will keep you informed. As I said, if this works, we will probably have the shoe in two to three weeks, otherwise we will have to order a special shoe that will take as long as a month to be fabricated.

The ice storm had started just about the time we left therapy. By morning the sleet is supposed to be done and we should have 3 to 5 inches of snow. I just want it plowed by 9:00AM so that we can getover to the Center and try on that shoe.

I put a beard and hair on my doll. He looks cute. Tomorrow, once I am sure he is finished, I will take picture of him and then post it for you.

Guess that is all for today.

Love

Mary

No comments: