Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We had to be at the Plymouth Care Therapy at 9AM this morning because Diane was there to do an evaluation. She was very pleased with how far Dick has come. He stood for good long periods of time. The first 6:45. We were able to go anyway. They had been predicting 4 t0 8 inches of snow which fortunately did not materialize. It is snowing now. Hopefully it too will amount to little as we have to be in Sheboygan to see Dr. Moreno at 10AM tomorrow morning.

When we got home, I took off almost immediately for the grocery store. That took longer than usual, but I was able to get dinner on the table by 12:30PM. It was good. We had chicken, fried potatoes, peas and Waldorf Salad. I bought a piece of watermelon today. So we had a piece of that with a cookie for dessert.

After lunch, we both took naps. Then I cleaned off my desk AGAIN. I have managed to lose a group of pictures, an address folder and a church directory in the last two months. They HAVE to be here somewhere.

Roxie has taken to settling down in my desk chair whenever I vacate it. I think she has decided that if it is good enough for me it is better for her. Dick thinks she likes it because it smells like me. Both reasons make sense.

Someone sent me an email of dolphins playing in the sea. I saw that once. Dolphins love to play with humans and their boats. Uncle Jim took us out on a whale watching tour when Bret was very young and someone was visiting. I remember that the boat captain came upon a school of dolphins and told us he was going to get them to play. And he did. They ran along side, jumping in and out of the water and dove across the bow. It is truly spectacular. I loved the whale watching tours and any tour out onto the ocean (at least when the water was not choppy, I was not the greatest sailor and sometimes would get a little swarmy in my tummy.) But I still loved going out. On one tour we saw a killer whale out there in the wild.

The tours on the Pacific Coast were to find the gray whale. They migrate from up in Alaska I believe to southern Baja California each year, so the tours were twice a year during their migrating season. They are also truly spectacular. You can see when they are going to come up because they blow out of their blowhole and there is a flat circle on the ocean just before they come up. They are majestic. I have pictures of them and a certificate that says I saw them.

Take care

Spring is coming soon.

Mary

No comments: