Friday, February 20, 2009

Boy, I forgot to blog last night. It is now 4:13AM. Chelsea woke me up to "use the facility" and I remembered.

It was a very eventful day too, so I decided to post before going back to bed.

We had an appointment with Dr. Moreno and things are VERY good. The foot is healed and we are ready to have the shoe fitted. So he gave us a prescription to give to the orthotic person. We will be using the same company that is working with him on the prosthesis. We are SO excited.

We got home in plenty of time to have lunch. I fixed hamburger helper. I know. But we like it and have not had it in a long, long time. It was good too.

Bobbie got here at about 12:30 and helped me take Dick to his therapy. She is coming any time that there are two appointments. Especially when it involves loading the wheel chair. Lori, the therapist was as happy as we are. We made an appointment with the orthotic person to come to the next therapy session which is next Tuesday for the casting and beginnings of the making of the shoe. Yippee. Then we came home and all had tea, Bobbie and I hot tea and Dick his iced tea.

After Bobbie left, both Dick and I napped for a little bit but the rest of the day oas just a quiet, catch up time.

I thought of a funny event that happened to Jacquie and me when we were roommates in Costa Mesa California. We rented a little house that was in back of her brother Ronnie and his wife Doris. It was a duplex kind of deal for them. Anyway. Those days people hung their wash on the line. That is hard to imagine these days. Our condo complex does not even want clothes lines up. But that is how it was. Clothes sure smelled good then.

Jacquie and I did our was one weekend and hung all of it out. We came home and ALL of our underpants were gone. There must have been about 20 pair or more. ALL gone. So we called the police.

Two officers came. One of them a really good looking guy who had gone to school with Jacquie. They were really polite and tried very hard to be serious but some of the questions such as 'Describe the items taken" were really difficult to ask with a straight face. Especially when I was able to describe one as very large with a hole in it. Mom had sent me a pair that I think she forgot what size I was.

We were in quite a pickle, we only had the underwear we had on.

At that time, there had been a rash of what were being called "pantie raids" by college boys. Our line of so many must have been more than they could stand.


Believe it or not we DID get a few back. They found them strewn along the highway.

Love

Mary

No comments: