Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A full day. The night before was not too good. Chelsea got me up at about 3AM again. It has been over a week since she had done that. I was not happy and had trouble getting back to sleep again. Finally got up for good at 6AM.

We spent the morning getting Dick bathed, his food and leg dressing changed, and taking care of animals. Dick had therapy at 11AM. That went quite well. He stood the first time for over 7 minutes. The next three tries were shorter but the total was impressive.

I fixed tostadas for dinner. We finished the lemon merengue too. Then I was able to lie down for about a half an hour before Toni, Kate, Nancy and Janet came over so we could work on making Stump Dolls together. We got a lot of visiting and lots of sharing and dolls partly finished. We figure we can finish them at our homes and we plan on sharing them at our April meeting. We will be meeting on the 17th of each month according to plan and today, the five of us decided that we will meet somewhere for lunch on that day. I will get the word out to the rest of the gang.

I am working on two stump dolls. One is going to be a guy with a hat and a coat and vest and a beard. The other will be a young lady and I intend to dress her in the CWI tartan with golden jewels. I need to come up with something else to make her special. but that is her beginning.

We are supposed to be getting a winter storm tonight and tomorrow. I hope they are wrong. Dick is scheduled for therapy at 9AM because he is supposed to be evaluated. I won't take him out if there is too much snow. It just wouldn't be safe.

I will let you know tomorrow.

Today was Dick's sister Hazel's birthday. She is now 92 years old. Just about a year behind my motherl Suzi is home and doing pretty well. I must email her and tell her how glad I am that she is doing so well.

Take care - until tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: