Friday, February 20, 2009

A very busy day. I spent the morning cleaning. Got everything but the livingroom done before it was time to have FUN.

I joined the bank ladies at the Dairy Queen at 12:30PM. I had one of their grilled sandwiches and brought home cheeseburger and fries for Dick for his lunch. Had a nice visit with the gals. I think I had the best news as I was able to tell everybody that Dick's wounds are healed and that he is to be fitted for his shoe. WOW. I still get all aquiver.

I dropped off the food for Dick and then went right out to Rhine Plymouth to shoot pistol. Some of the pistol shooters were going out early to avoid the smoke that fills up in the main room during the main shooting period from 5 to9 PM. There were six of us, John, Toni, Janet, Rich, Nancy and me so we had a really good time. My shooting is way down this year. I personally don't think I am concentrating. I think I will take Ken Pipping up on giving me some lessons.

Jeff Foxworthy said the following:

If you may not  have actually eaten it, but you have heard
> of Head Cheese, you might live in Wisconsin .
>
>
> If you have either a pet or a child named
> 'Brett,' you might live in Wisconsin .
>
> If your town has an equal number of bars and churches,
> you might live in Wisconsin .
>
>
> If you know how to say Oconomowoc, Waukesha , Menomonie
> & Manitowoc, you might live in Wisconsin .

What is really funny is that, I don't know if you ever thought about it, my sons are named Bret and Bart. The two best quarterbacks that Green Bay ever had, Right?

However, my Bret is older than Favre and my Bart is the younger of the two. They were actually named for the Maverick brothers, a TV series that we liked a lot before they were born. It was actually over long before my Bret was born. Kind of goofy Huh!

Mary
When I got home, I made a rhubarb pie. Boy is it good. With Dick in the Center Rehab for so long, I have frozen veggies and fruits that are in need of being used up. The rhubarb is the first of the secrets. Next week I volunteered to bake two desserts for the church's fish fry dinners. I think I will make a cherry dream pie that my mother in law Lily used to make AND a carrot cake. I told Kate, I can't volunteer time at this point but I can bake and I love to bake.

No comments: