Saturday, January 03, 2009

Saturday, the third day of 2009. Chelsea woke me up a bit after 4AM. I took her out and went back to bed until 6AM. The usual. I guess Chelsea is going to be doing this from now on. She sleeps from 9PM to 3 or 4AM then really has to go out. This getting old stuff is hard on doggies too.

I did some wash, fixed breakfast and did the next step on my loaf of bread before going ove to the Center at 9AM to spend some time with Dick. Bob Fenner stopped by as he walked by after visiting his Dad and a couple of other patients. His wife Jackie is probably our favorite nurse. Bob is a friend of Jeff. His Dad was at Mom and Dad's wedding in 1939. Isn't it a wonderful world. Bob Sr. has trouble remembering things that happen how but his face always lights up when I talk to him and he realizes who my parents are.

I came home at about 10:30 to finish baking the bread and to prepare the dinner I planned to take over to Dick. I made homemake scalloped potatoes, ham and a nice salad. They very seldom get salads at the Center. The Center brought us drinks and dessert so we did allright.

After lunch, I drove to the Motorville VW dealer in Sheboygan to look at the Routan and to check out room and height from the ground of the seats in a sedan.

The trip was fun. I told you that Bart and Barb gave me a GPS for Christmas. Well --- today, I finally took the time to set it up. The first adventure was to have it instuct me to the Center at noon. It was such fun. After lunch, I plugged in the address of Motorville VW and it instructed me perfectly. What is really fun, is if you go differently than the unit tells you, verbally mind you, it will tell you that it is recalculating and start from there.

Anyway, I looked at the Routan which is basically the Town and Country and about the same price. Then Al showed me the Passat, the VW sedan. The seat is 21 inches fromt he ground (doable) and there is at least 21 inches of room to get into the car. Al is a big man and fit just fine. I mentioned that I will have to put the wheelchair in the car and take it out and the trunk of a sedan requires quite a bit of lifting from the trunk well. He suggested the Passat Wagon, which does not have such a deep area and the lip it very short. Might work.

Anyway, now we have to decide. What do we want. We need to figure the trade in on the Explorer, do we want new, do we want the van, or a sedan/or/station wagon. Al said that I can drive a wagon down for Dick to try and Dick from AJ Conversions will bring a van with the elevator seat for him to try too.

All is moot until Dr. Moreno says that the foot is healing. SO think of us on Tuesday. That is the big unveiling.

When I talked to Bret yesterday, he said that with any luck at all, he is planning on coming here for a visit in August. I surely hope so. It has been way too long again. If he comes, I will plan a nice get together and meal for everybody. Won't that be fun.

I went to church at 4PM Fr. Van Beeck gave a good sermon . He mentioned something that I had never noticed befor, probably should have. If you talk the word God and add one letter, the O, you spell good. If you take the word evil and add one letter, the D, you spell Devil.

Weird. Huh.

Mary

No comments: