Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It was a rather mild day. Some wind but not much until about 3PM. Then the snow started falling. I had a haircut at 2:30. It was the first haircut by Jessica since she had her baby. She had pictures of her sweet Madalyn posted at her place. The baby is beautiful, of course. She has a full head of black hair.

Anyway, when I left there and headed to the store to go grocery shopping, it was snowing pretty good. When I got out of the grocery store, it was even worse. I stopped and got gas on the way home too. I figured that it was better to do that today since I was down to a quarter of a tank and it looked like the weather is not going to be so good. I figured I wanted a full tank with a holiday coming.

Dick and I were picked up by Custom Care at 8:30 this morning to go to see Dr. Moreno. All he did was take off the outer wrapping on his right foot. He said he is pleased - so far. He saw no seepage and there was no sign that the graft had slipped at all. We go back next Tuesday and he will take the bandages off and then we will know for sure. (I hope.)

I took dinner to Dick this noon. We had the rest of the manacotti and green beans. They were still as good as they were the first time. I was going to go back and bring a sandwich for supper BUT we decided that the snow was just too much. Whey go out in this weather. It could be dangerous and I have to keep brushing off the car.

Talking to Jessica about her baby, I was remembering when the boys were little. She is being told not to pick Madalyn up all the time because she will get spoiled. I told her not to worry about that. One month old babies need all the ove they can get.

When Bart was less than a month old, the neighbor boy , Mike, came running over one day and said that his sister was hurt. I told him to stay with Bart for a bit and went over there. Robin had gotten her finger caught in a door when her brother slammed it shut. It took the flesh off to the bone. Pretty scary. Robin's Mom was understandably hysterical and unable to function. SO, her husband, Jack, and I gathered up Robin and the tip of her little finger on ice and rushed off to the emergency ward. I knew that the neighbor in between our homes would be home soon and told Mike to gather her into the story as soon as she arrived.

Anyway Jack and I got to the emergency ward where the doctors were able to reattach the end of her finger. I was a mess, I was nursing and smelled, but figured that we were not there for me anyway.

When we got home, Robin's Mom was calmed down and the other neighbor was there. Bart was being a fussy budget. They had given him a bottle to try to settle him down but he just kept fussing. When I got there, I picked him up and he just sighed and went right to sleep.

Needless to say, I got teased a lot about my spoiled baby. Bart was ALWAYS clingy as a baby though. Being a Mom was one of my favorite things in this life.

Love

Mary

No comments: