Monday, December 29, 2008

I had to be at the Center at 8:45 AM. Tim from Custom Care picked us up at 9AM for his appointment at the Plymouth Clinic with Dr. Sharon. The appointment went very will. He is pleased with all of Dick's tests and his general condition. He understands that we need to get him home by the end of January.

Tomorrow, he has an appointment with Dr. Moreno in Sheboygan. That appointment is also at 9:15 AM so Tim will pick us up at 8:30AM so we get there on time. Pray hard that the grafts are taking. We are on pins and needles.

When I got home at 10:30, I called Plymouth Plumbing and Heating about the hot water heater. Jack told me that Gary would be there as soon as he finished installing a boiler somewhere. He got to our house shortly after 1PM. They are very efficient. He was all done installing AND hauling out the old one by 2:30PM so I was able to go over to Wolf's Jeep and Chrysler to look at some Town and Countries to see what is out there and start getting prices and timing in our heads. Dave will call me by Monday with the trade in value on the Explorer which is the next piece in the puzzle so that we can make some decisions. I also need to go to a VW dealer and look at their Routan which is also supposed to be suitable for installing the elevator passenger seat.

I stopped at the Center to tell Dick what I had found out, then came home for supper before going back to help Dick with the things that I do for him every day. The most important, I think, is massaging the stump. We need to get that toughened up and we need to be sure that the circulation stays good.

So a busy day and I am really really tired.

It seems impossible that there are only two days left in 2008. When I was little, 2000 seemed SO far away and 6o seemed SO old. Times have changed. 60 no longer seems so old to me.

Enjoy your Tuesday. I will up date you on what Dr. Moreno says tomorrow evening.

Love

Mary

No comments: