Sunday, December 28, 2008

It was raining lightly when we got up this morning. And it had snowed. The temperature was 28. The fog was gone but it was cloudy.

I stayed home snug and warm until 11:30 when I joined Dick at the Center to have lunch with him. I spent the morning cutting out squares for a quilt and cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen floor.

We had a nice lunch of tips on noodles, veggies and a delicious chocolate dessert. After lunch, I went to Walmart to add minutes to Dick's phone. This time I believe we have enough to get him to the end of January. That is when we are aiming on getting him home. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

I got his minutes and found a pair of jeans to replace one of the two that I had to cut up for sewing. When one's bottom is showing through, it is time to replace the jeans - at least if you are my age.

Mom and I had a lovely visit and shared a cup of tea. Usually Dick and I have her over on New Year's Day for dinner. But I am not going to bother with Dick not home. So we decided that I will pick up Chinese food and take it over to her house and we will share that. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

Dick and I will celebrate New Year's Eve together.

When I got home, I updated Dick's phone and then took him the phone and some Oragel. Chelsea went with me. She was excited but then when she gets there, immediately wants to come home again.

This has been a quiet evening. Roxie has been quite the cuddly kitty. Very insistent on sitting on my lap. She finally got tired of my wiggling and went somewhere else.

Until tomorrow.

Love

Mary

No comments: