Saturday, December 27, 2008

I woke up to 48 degree temperatures this morning. It was misting a bit too but never really rained. Snowdrifts have melted quite a bit and everything is just dripping. Now, with our luck, it will start raining and snowing and then freeze.

I took breakfast over to Dick this morning. We had the leftover Strata and fruit that I had prepared for Richard and Brenda. He liked it a lot and it was a good morning to do this as they were being served a hard boiled egg with bacon for the Center's breakfast.

I finally got a hold of Plymouth Plumbing and they sent a man over to check the water heater. I met him at 10 AM. The water heater is failing. This was installed in May of 2000 and he said the national average for water heaters is 8 years. We go an extra 6 months. They will come Monday morning. I can call them as soon as we are back from Dick's doctor appointment with Dr. Sharon.

I took a nap next. I was really tired. Not for lack of sleep, I don't think. I slept really well last night.

Dave from Wolf's Chrysler suggested that we reschedule the appointment I had with him to look at van's to next week as the fog was really heavy on the highway and he felt it was dangerous. Probably not the best time to be looking at cars out in that lot anyway. So I spent the afternoon cleaning, computering AND cutting out squares for two quilts that I need them for.

Bart and Barb called. I received their present yesterday. The overnight delivery did not work, probably because of the weather. Bart remembered how much Barb and I enjoyed his GPS while we were driving around in Dallas so they got me one. I can hardly wait to try it. I figure I will set it up today and/or tomorrow and then use it driving locally so I get used to it. What a fun toy.

I went to the 4PM Mass. Saw lots of friends after Mass who are praying for Dick and are concerned, but I still managed to get home, feed the critters and get to the Plymouth Center with my chili to have supper with Dick. I got there at 5:20. He was already in the dining room and served, but some of the others were already being served so it was OK. They were having chili too.

Now I am home for the night and perhaps maybe for tomorrow too, if the weather gets bad. Otherwise, I will have a meal with Dick and go spend an hour or so with Mom as I will not see her on Monday.

Roxie has positioned herself on the desk like the old days. I have the lamp there and she likes the warmth and being close to me. Makes me feel good.

Love

Mary

Just for fun:

Isn't this the truth!

Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater.
If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby.
If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.
If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.
If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.
So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit.

No comments: