Friday, December 26, 2008

It got too late to post last night. Hope no one missed me but on the other hand hope maybe someone did. It is nice to be noticed.

Yesterday was a superfragilistic day. I set off to see Dick for a good morning HI, at about 9AM. Then headed over to Sheboygan Falls to visit with Mother and take her Christmas present and her stollen to her. We had a nice visit. She is kind of weary and tired but looks good. Randy, Donna, Erin and Jessica arrived shortly before I had to leave so I got to visit with them too. Donna, Erin, Jessie and I all discovered that we are tea drinkers as we looked over all of the neat teas that Mom received for Christmas. Someday the five of us should have a tea party.

I left there and came home to check the critters. Jim and Michelle had been there and dropped off the dinner goodies. My counter and refrigerator were full of the bounty. They "rearrived" shortly after I go home. They had gone over to visit with Dick. Bret called as I was preparing Dick's lunch. We had a nice visit and he liked his present. He sounds good and will be out at the River over New Years. He was spending Christmas with Mary and her family at his home.

Dick and I visited until 2PM then I came home as I figured that Richard and Brenda and Bobbie and Bill would be arriving soon. I was right. Bart had called also. I called back and had a nice visit with Barb, Bart and Marlise, Barb's Mom.

We unwrapped presents at about 3PM (except for mine, it had been decided that Dick and I would unwrap ALL of ours while we had dessert at the Center when we all gathered with Dick.
It is such fun watching people open presents. Everybody seemed very pleased with their gifts. That made me feel good.

Bobbie and Bill took appetizers over to Dick at 4 then had a SUPER dinner. Michelle and Jim prepared a wonderful array of appetizers, then followed with Spinach/Mushroom Manacotti, green bean casserole and a delicious salad.


When we finished Richard and Brenda took Dick his dinner and we all cleaned up and loaded up the presents and dessert and joined them.

The next two hours were spent together. Dick and I unwrapped our presents and did we ever get a lot of thoughtful, fun and beautiful gifts. Everybody was so generous and caring. Especially nice, Bobbie and Bill donated to Fr. Mike's Sarnelli House in my name. I was thrilled.

After pie with whipped cream and mulled wine and samples of my homemade Grand Marnier we closed down for the night. Jim and Michelle headed home first as they had to get back to Oshkosh and Bootsie. Bobbie and Bill went next. After Dick was all settled, Richard and Brenda and I came back here. Richard did a lot of cleaning up and fixing on my computer which is now working much faster and seems to be working cleaner. I am SO grateful. I have so many things that I depend on that computer for.

Dick is now in the Modern Hep age. Richard and Brenda got him an IPOD. Richard loaded it with LOTS of old movies and radio shows for him.

Anyway I did not get to bed until after 10 and Richard was still working on the computer. We had a glass of wine AND dried the nice decaf tea that Brenda had bought for me. It is a nice Irish Breakfast tea.

This morning, I baked a nice egg strata and fixes a pear/orange bowl for our breakfast. There is enough left that I am taking breakfast to Dick tomorrow morning.

Richard and Brenda left shortly after 11AM. I took lunch over and ate with Dick in the dining room. Then I came home because I had to wait for the Culligan Man. I don't know if I mentioned it but there was a leak of Something in my basement. It looked like it was under the Softener unit but when he came it appears to be under the water heater. Since he got here after 4PM, I left a message at Plymouth Heating and Plumbing. They have an emergency number but apparantly don't check it often because it is after 8PM and I have not heard yet.

I had supper with Dick too. We discussed the car situation more. I am going to Wolf's Auto tomorrow to check out a couple of cars that can be converted for easy access.

Now it is after 8PM. I am home and glad to be here. Critters are glad I am hear too.

I received this the other day. I wished a Merry Christmas to everyone that I met. Did you? Happy holidays could actually be all right but not with the avoidance it implys.

Sad Christmas News From
Washington, D.C.
The Supreme Court has ruled that there cannot be a Nativity Scene in the US capital this Christmas season.

This isn't for any religious reason, they simply have not been able to find Three Wise Men in the Nation's capitol, nor could they find a virgin.

P.S. There was no problem, however, finding enough asses to fill the stable.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: