Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Another busy day. I went grocery shopping this morning in the snow. I was beginning to think it was going to pass us by but no such luck. I went over to spend the morning with Dick after the groceries were put away.

They had the Center's Christmas party at 10AM so I went with him. Merry knew better than to give Dick the red and green beads to wear, so I got them. It was fun. Santa came with gifts for all the residents and dis he EVER bring nice gifts. Dick to two new crossword puzzle books and three nice new shirts. Wow, were we impressed.

Then I went home because it was snowing pretty good and getting slippery. I vacuumed a bit and watered the plants and tidyed up a bit and waited for the snow to stop. Miracle of miracles, it did and I was able to get to the 4PM Mass and then got back to the Center to have supper with Dick. They were serving soup and grilled cheese sandwich with fruit and a Christmas Cookie. One of the nurses said that their suppers aren't really worth the $5 they cost, but as I told them. Dick is worth it.

I brought our Christmas stockings and one present for us to unwrap tonight. I brought one from Bret that was kind of torn and we could see part of it anyway. It is a tea for two set, with a pot, two cups and two kinds of tea. Really nice. I can hardly wait for Mom to come over to share it with me.

I left for home at a little before 7PM. It is really slippery out there. I hope it is better tomorrow because I need to get to Sheboygan Falls to see Mother and take her the stollen and her present. I couldn't go Monday because of the weather and today was bad again. Tomorrow is the big day.

Christmas. Do you know the story of the Polar Express. The author says that the silver bell that Santa gave to the boy could only be heard by the heart of a child. They boy and his sister were the only ones who could hear it that first Christmas morning. Then the boy says that all of his friends could hear the bell but as the years went by they all lost the ability to hear it.

The Capucian priest we had say Mass for us tonight also talked about the ablility to be a child. He said that we all need to hang onto the freedom of a child. After all Jesus came to bring us that freedom. The freedom to be us and to belong to God.

Happy Christmas.

Love

Mary

No comments: