Monday, December 22, 2008

Another cold day. It was -2 when I got up. (That is not counting the time Chelsea woke me up at 2:30AM. I don't know what is happening to her these days. She is not at all consistent. This morning was the WORST. At least after I let her out and SHUT HER OUT OF THE BEDROOM, I get to sleep until 6AM every morning.) Actually it is -4 right now. Now it is supposed to be warmer tomorrow BUT there is going to be more snow. The lot is already full. Where will they put it. If Mark builds two units in that lot, I don't know WHERE they would go with it all.

I sent a bunch of email cards this morning, frosted the stollen and cut out some denim squares. I need them to make our denim bedspread bigger. Then at about noon, I went to the post office for stamps and then over to spend some time with Dick.

We had a talk with Carrie, the social worker. Dick's insurance status is changing and we needed to be made aware of that. I am also investigating getting a vehicle that will be suitable for Dick. He needs to be able to get into it so that we can transport him to doctor antherapy sessions and maybe EVEN out for some fun.

My friend, Joann Miley stopped by the Center hoping to see me with Dick. She is such a dear. She brought a basket with fruit and candy and a card for Dick. Dick called while she was there so I could talk to her. I DO have the best friends.

Got a message from Bobbie this morning. We WERE going to have a liver dinner tomorrow night, but she cracked a tooth and asked if we could put it off. (No kidding.) I hope she got to see her dentist. She can't chew on that side and it hurts to brush. That would be NO fun at a wonderful Christmas dinner and it will only get worse. Pray for a quick fix.

Tomorrow will be VERY busy. Dick gets the graft on the wound on his right foot. This is a very exciting thing. and should really promote speedy healing (we hope). So pray that all goes well.

I am very tired tonight and am just waiting until 9PM so that I can crawl into bed. I would go now except for Chelsea. If take her out at 9PM and she wakes me up as early as 2:30AM. Whatever would happen if I went to bed SOONER than that.

Bret's package arrived today. I opened it up and a lively white Bear wearing a green stocking cap and a green quilted vest popped right out of the tip. He is wearing a sign that says "You look like you need a hug. So I hugged him.

The unwrapped presents went under the tree. Only two more days til the festivities start.
Good night, Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

Love

Mary

No comments: