Friday, January 30, 2009

It was a strange night last night. Dick did not sleep well and was up for most of it. Then Chelsea got me up at about 3:30AM. It was very disjointed.

I finally got up for good at 6AM. There was a lot to do. I cleaned the cat's room (would you believe that the old office is now called "the Cat's room." Once a week it NEEDS to be vacuumed and the litter box REALLY cleaned. I cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen too.

Bobbie and Bill came over shortly after one PM to work on the threshold ramp. Here is something really annoying. The threshold ramp looked like one would just set it on the threshold, one piece on each side and screw it on. But NOOOOOOO. It involves all kinds of adjustments to accommodate for the weather striping, and for the door jam itself. Bill is working on it and we will be all fixed by early next week.

The only other exciting thing was that Nancy Roehre and I went pistol shooting tonight. I did not do too well, but was able to improve as I went along. If I could just concentrate and not be worried all the time. Also, it would help if my shoulder was not so achy. I talked for a while to my friend Lil. She had not been aware of Dick's problems. I guess, because the club members knew, I assumed that the league shooters knew too. Kind of a goofy assumption. Doc's wife, Judy, was there tonight too. So I got to visit with her a bit. Doc is one of my favorite people and his wife is a special lady too.

Tomorrow is Saturday already. Monday will be February 1. Next Saturday, February 7 will be the annual Deeley Beer Tasting Contest and Wild Game Dinner. Randy is hosting because he won the beer tasting last year. I will be bringing the venison roast. I intend to do a slow Texas Roast. That is SO good. I will also serve the beer and tally the scores. Jim and Michelle are coming for the day. Michelle seems to like being a serving wench along with me. Jim likes serving the beer too. It will be lots of fun.

Tomorrow will be a quiet day. Also and adventure as Dick will have his first bath other than a sponge bath at home. Pray for us.

Have a lovely Saturday.

Mary

"I like to rub my meat with lemon and spices ...is a sentance that most men who grill cannot say without giggling like idiots." A Maxine

No comments: