Monday, January 26, 2009

The first day. It was an eventful day. For one thing, Dick slept until almost 8AM. This is almost unheard of. He has not done that for years. He came to bed at 11:30PM so I took Chelsea out then. That did help a bit as she didn't bother me until about 4AM. The only trouble was that I started coughing and finally got up at 5:30AM so I wouldn't disturb Dick.

I took a nap this morning which helped a lot. We are really very busy what with bathroom duty, bathing, putting the prosthesis on and off, meds and exercise.

The commode and the threshold ramp cam today. I am going to need help with the ramp, for sure, I measure the threshold but forgot about the door jam. That should not be a problem, but it is a funny jam and I think the rubber strip under the door will have to be removed on the inside. It'll work out.

We think the commode will help, but it made us have to start all over on our "plan of action". We have done very well on everything. I worry SO much about his right foot, but it looked fine this morning.

We have switched to eating our main meal at noon. This noon I prepared lasagna, with green beans and salad. We had soup and sandwich for supper.

Now, as soon as Chelsea decides that it is time to go out again, I am going to hit the hay. I am SO very tired. But the first day is over with. Tomorrow we have to add in a therapy session. Bobbie is going to come and help us get there. That will be a really welcome help.

This afternoon, Celtic Women had our first telephone conference of the year. I called it as I am the new president. We have a phone meeting every two months. This went very well. We covered a lot. They are such warm wonderful women and are all praying for Dick and me. They were SO glad to know that he is home.

Bart and Barb called tonight too. Good talking to them. They are well and her folks are too. I guess that's all for now. Chelsea is whining at me. So it must be bedtime.

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.

Love

Mary

No comments: