Thursday, November 13, 2008

Today was a bit better. At least we got a few answers.

We have an appointment at St. Luke's with the Hyperbaric doctor on December 2 at 10:00AM. Now I have to confirm that Tim from Custom Care and Transport can drive us.

I also have A & J Vans pricing out what it would cost to have a "lift" passenger seat put in the Explorer. Dick is learning to do a board transfer and this would be a seat that would swivel, come out, lower and then reverse to get Dick in the car without standing. Gene from A & J, as I said, is pricing it out. It is only one thing that we are checking but may be a "permanent" solution to transporting him. Tim is great but there is no funding for transportation and it is beginning to mount up, even locally.

I have several other possible sources of help that I will be calling in the next few days.

The rest of the day was spent just us together. I ate dinner with him in the dining room. We were served really good ham, scalloped potatoes and beans with peach pie. Then for supper I brought Market Day hamburgers and we ate in his room.

Don't have much else to say as everything is really goofy. Tomorrow, Bobbie and I are going to the American Club for the Christmas bazaar and having lunch at the Horse and Plow. I look forward to the break.

Love

Mary

No comments: