Monday, November 10, 2008

Cold, Cold, Cold.

That is all I have to say for today.

I went to Bible Study in Sheboygan Falls for my usual Monday morning. We had a group of 8 of us. The readings all related to using your talents to the best of your ability. The first reading was from the last book in Proverbs relating to the Ideal Wife. The last was the parable from Matthew about the landowner who gave three of his servants money when he went on a trip. Two doubled his money and one buried it and the one who buried it was in REAL trouble. Guess we are supposed to use what we have, be it talent or money.

Then I stopped and visited with Mother for a while. She is just fine and staying warm. She went to church yesterday. It was clear though cold and someone, usually Shirley Carpenter, always walk her home. We set a date to go out to Gibbsville to get the Christmas cheese boxes AND I told her that Bobbie will go with us on December 10 to see The King and I at Horace Mann.

I took a couple of things, including some of my Zupa Toscana, over to Kate on my way back to the Center at about noon and had a cup of tea with Kate. Keep praying for Ron. He sounds good, but there are things that need praying for.

Then I spent all afternoon with Dick, including eating supper with him, except of course for coming home to walk and feed the Chelsea girl at about 4:30PM..

I always come home at about 7PM so that I can get things done and prepare for bed. Chelsea is impossible. I have been home less than an hour and have taken her out twice. She had been very good and is now whimpering at me again. I know she is confused but wish she could talk. One doesn't know if she just wants to go to bed, if she REALLY has to go out, or if she just wants attention. And I still miss my kitties, even if they would mean more work for me.

So that is what is happening in our world. Soon it will be time to settle into a nice warm bed for the night.

Be safe and I will say a prayer for you all tonight that tomorrow is perfect.

Love

Mary

No comments: