Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Had to get moving VERY early this morning because Dick had his appointment with Dr. Moreno at 9AM and we left the Center at 8:15.

I got hungry for a Mc Donalds Breakfast sandwich so stopped and picked up a bacon/egg/cheese biscuit. It tasted good.

No good news from Dr. Moreno. The largest wound on his right foot is now deep enough that it is VERY serious. Several things were discussed. First, he can no longer put ANY weight at all on that foot. Second, Dr. Moreno gave me the name of a hyperbaric doctor. We are going to see about getting an evaluation to see if he is a candidate for oxygen therapy. Third, if not or perhaps in conjunction with the oxygen therapy a graft might help it heal. Lastly If we cannot get it healed, we have to consider another amputation. Please pray very hard. We are discouraged.

I had lunch at Firehouse Pizza with members of the class of 1958. We plan on doing this every three months. This started with the gals but now the guys come too. It was good to see them and I had a chance to unwind a bit.

Then I went grocery shopping and back to stay with Dick. I ate supper with him. I did come home long enough to pick up my meal, take care of Chelsea and make some phone calls. Kate called while I was home. Pray for them too. Ron is having a minor surgery on Monday.

When we get our men healed, Kate and I are planning on a weekend somewhere, the four of us to relax and celebrate. Perhaps you would like to join us as you have traveled this journey with me.

Anyway. Tomorrow is a quiet day. Fr. Van Beeck is saying Mass at the Center and I will go. I will be firming up evaluations for the evaluations too.

Til tomorrow. I hope it will be much more upbeat then.

Love

Mary

FELLOW TRAVELER

Come back with me to yesterday
Rage one more time
Cry for past mistakes
Mourn over lost friends
Gloat over triumphs
Relive treasured joy
We journey there in memory.

Travel with me to tomorrow
Bring Peace to the world
Resolve world hunger
Make every child safe
Fly to distant planets
Explore the center of the earth
We travel there in imagination.

Then, walk with me today.
Hold my hand.
Work with me, side by side
Play with me in wild abandon.
Sing with me, shout out your song.
Pray with me and share your soul.
Love me. Stay with me.
Today we have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you and your husbands. I have worked in Hyperbarics for years. I have seen so may successful outcomes. It takes dedication, commitment and complience by the patient and their families, but it will be worth it.
Take care
CT