Friday, November 14, 2008

I am exhausted. It was a long day. I got up a bit early because I woke up and couldn't sleep anymore. I went to the Pig early to pick up some water for making coffee and some pretzels for Dick. I went early because I wanted a donut. I got a Chocolate Long John which tasted wonderful.

I went over to see Dick at about 9, after making a few phone calls. I talked to Janice Lemkuil, the wife of an amputee, Lee. They are members of an amputee support group which meets once a month on the fourth Wednesday of every month. I am going to try my best to go to the next meeting which is November 26. They meet at 2PM at Rocky Knoll.

I also heard from Dick Ruh from A & J Custom Van. He checked and found out that the 2008 Ford Explorer cannot have that swivel, lowering seat installed. Something about the electrical hookups. We are considering changing vehicles, but are in the early stages. Dick said that he would bring over a lower van that allows for wheelchair access by ramp for my Dick to try if that would help. They also deal in custom vans. One of the workers at the Center has a brother and sister in law who also are adept at finding vehicles. We need to consider all the pros and cons and then make up our minds.

I met Bobbie at the Horse and Plow at about noon. We had lunch there. She had a Cobb salad that looked luscious and I had a veggie pannini. Then we walked through the American Club Craft Fair.

There was a LOT of neat stuff. It is fun to look at all the beautiful things that people make to sell. I picked up two Christmas gifts which I will not put on this site because the recipients just might guess what is for them.

Got home a bit after three and caught up on the phone and email messages before going over to be with Dick again. Jim and Michelle came to clean again just before 4PM so I packed my dinner and asked them to feed the Chelsea for me.

I came home at a bit before 7 so I could watch Ghost Whisperer. I saw the first part of a two parter last week and did not want to miss the ending.

Tomorrow, I am going to the woods with Jeff, Randy and Jessica to scope out our hunting sited. It is supposed to be cold. I just hope it is not too cold next Saturday when we hunt. We are going out at about 8:30 so I should be over to see Dick by noon. I will go to the 4PM Mass and then be with Dick again until close to bed time. We decided that I will take Sunday for a stay at home and rest day - except that Nancy and I are going shooting at 2:30 and I will stop on the way home to give him a hug.

I found a neat quote that is fun with all the political stuff that is going on. A P. J. Rourke said:

He said, "The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it."

Love

Mary

No comments: