Sunday, November 02, 2008

It was supposed to be warm today. But despite the fact that the temperatures were in the mid to upper 50's it felt cold and this evening we got a little chilly rain. I think it was nicer earlier, at least when Chelsea and I walked.

I did get a lot done today. I washed and folded clothes and rolled up about 6 Ace bandages for Dick. I ironed a couple of his shirts. And I sewed two of the shorter Ace bandages together so he has another long one to wrap the amputated leg with. I am always glad when Monday rolls around and Lori, the Physical Therapist, and she is wrapping it. The nurses try but the end is never as round and nicely shaped as when she does it and I know that will be VERY important when it comes time to fit the prosthesis.

I spent some of the morning with him, then came home for lunch. When I went back we watched the rest of the pitiful Packer game. Actually, they played pretty well, BUT a loss is a loss and they lost. Jim and Michelle joined us for the last half of the game.

I bought a Sentinel today so that Dick will have a TV Guide for the week. We had fun reading the paper together too. I got a few coupons and a recipe out of it too. I also did some sewing on the St. Basil Square that I have been working on. I should finish that this week.

It was really quiet at the Center today. I brought chicken and beans for our supper tonight and we ate in Dick's room. Sometimes we just like to be together and eat our OWN food. I am really trying to eat at least one meal a day with him one way or another. He ate pretty good tonight.

Well, the election is on Tuesday. Dick and I have already voted. I sure will be glad when it is over. I am sick of the ads and the phone calls. And the speeches get repetitious after a bit. I think that two years of campaigning is really dumb. If we could change that and require everybody who wants to run has a limited time to present his or her case. I think that 6 months would be more than enough. They can spend their own time otherwise getting themselves known by the public. The money spent on these past two years is a crime and an incredible waste of money.

Hope you have a great week. It is supposed to be kind of warm.

Love

Mary

No comments: