Monday, November 03, 2008

It felt like spring most of the day. We must keep these days in our hearts to help warm us during the long cold winter that we know will come.

Chelsea and I had a nice walk and ran into a couple of the walkers that we had not seen for a while. With the time change, I was able to take her out about 6:15 as it was light. So we were done before my shower. This was rather distressing for Chelsea, actually, because I decided that as this was going to be a warm day it would be a perfect day for a doggie bath. So after my shower, I "invited" her to join me and scrubbed her down good. She is absolutely beautiful.

I swung by to see Dick on my way to bible study. I also stopped at Kate's. Ron is home and she had to get some prescriptions filled. I offered to get them as they were being filled in Kohler at Woodlake. It seemed that as I was going to Sheboygan Falls anyway, it was no big shakes to swing into Kohler and then she did not have to leave Ron. I dropped them off on the way to spend the afternoon with Dick. Ron and Kate were out in their back yard enjoying the wonderful sun and warmth and eating lunch. So I got mine out of the car and joined them. Ron is bruised up and tired, but seemed to be in good spirits. Maybe he was putting that on for me, but if he was able to pull it off, that is good enough.

We had had a wonderful bible study this morning. Joe, one of our guys, had just returned from a Marion trip to Lourdes and Fatima with his wife. He brought each of us some Lourdes water and a holy card from Fatima. Tomorrow, I am going to bless Dick with that water. I shared some with Kate so she can bless Ron too.

Kate asked what we should do. I told her I am going to sprinkle it as I am sure that I won't be able to get Dick to drink it. Ron said he won't drink it either. Kate and I are the ones with the faith, I think. That is enough. God understands.

Mother is just fine. We had a nice visit.

Tonight was the Rhine meeting so I went there when I left Dick. Nothing too exciting going on. Elections are next month. I am not nominated. Thank God. Rachel was selling FHA fruit and I bought a mixed case of oranges and grapefruit. Dick can't have grapefruit, but I love it and a half a case should be manageable. Their fruit is always SO good.

Tomorrow, Chelsea gets another blood test. Hope the kidneys look better.

Guess that is all for now.

Love

Mary

No comments: