Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Another "spring" day. I sure will be glad when Chelsea gets into this daylight savings time mode. It doesn't do me much good when she starts pestering me at 4:30AM.

Chelsea had her doctor appointment at 10AM. Her B.U.N. level is up a couple of points so we need to check next month. We don't know if there should be more tweeking of meds or not as of yet. She also had her picture taken for their file and she posed quite nicely (with a little bribery). I am sure glad that I gave her a bath yesterday.

After we left there, I took her over to see Dick. We do not stay long. She is not the greatest visitor. She paces and pants. But she was glad to see him.

When I took her home, I worked on paying bills and fixed lunch for myself. Then got back at 12:30.

Today, Dick had his physical therapy at 1:00 instead of in the morning because a Timothy Kading of Wisconsin Prosthetics was there and evaluated Dick for future prosthetics. It was interesting. He said that the wound is healing quite well, but needs some time yet. The next step will be a shrinking stocking. I don't think that is quite the right term but it is a stocking made of ace bandage type material which will help to shrink and shape the stump so it will fit nicely into the prosthesis. We learned a lot. We know for sure now that Thanksgiving is out of reach but Christmas might work.

I still would like him to come home for the day on Thanksgiving. but that might not be possible either. I am kind of lonely here in the evenings. Good thing I have our Chelsea. Wish my kitties were here too.

I took Chicken Pot Pies for us to eat together tonight in his room as we watched the beginning political stuff. I have to leave at 7 most nights though. Otherwise I cannot get stuff done around here and get to bed at a reasonable hour.

I got a call from Gary at Mike Burkhart Ford. The Explorer is all fixed and I will pick it up tomorrow morning. The loaner, an Escape, was a nice car to drive. I just have to fill the tank in the morning on the way over. Tomorrow will now be very busy as I have to shop too.

Time to wind up. I blessed Dick with some of the water that Joe brought back for me from Lourdes.

Love

Mary

No comments: