Sunday, September 21, 2008

A very nice Sunday, both quiet and eventful.

Chelsea and I had a nice morning walk. It is kind of dark when we start off these days so I am bringing a flashlight along. But by the time we get home it is light.

Did a bunch of bill paying and clothes folding and other stuff around here until close to 9AM, then headed over to the Care Center when I was sure Dick was done with his breakfast. We just sat around and he did some dozing until I had to go home to take care of Chelsea and fix my lunch. When I went back, Jim and Michelle were there which was a nice surprise. It was a nice afternoon, so we took Dick out onto the patio outside the main dining room. We also found a nice soft serve ice cream machine. Such a deal, free ice cream and a pleasant garden to enjoy it in.

Dick and Brenda arrived at about 4 this afternoon. At that point, I went home with them to get settled and then we went back again prepare for our little party. I brought wine and n/a beer, Bobbie and Bill joined us almost immeciately with homemade peach ice cream and Dick and Brenda ordered pizza from DeO'Malley's down on Mill Street.

We had a nice get together and meal in the banquet room. Then Jim and Michelle left for Milwaukee and their Eagles concert. Lucky them. The rest of us proceeded up to Dick's room to watch the start of the Packer game. We all left Dick at about 8PM as they were going to hook him up to his antibiotics. He is back to every 24 hours and each one takes 4 hours. So that is tiring for him. At 8 I am really getting tired anyway.

We will watch the rest of the Packer Game (I hope I last, it is only the half and already almost 9) and then go to bed.

It was kind of fun today. Two nursing home dogs came in to visit. The first was Katie, a poodle/bischon mix. She came into the room and immediately jumped up on my lap for a cuddle. Her mistress said that she is really supposed to ask first but she probably could tell that I would like it. The second came in while Jim and Michelle were there. He just ambled in all by himself and greeted everybody, very politely but kind of wet for all who were willing to be slurped. His name was of all things, Bart.

I seem to be rambling a bit tonight. Chelsea is being a real pest as she wants to go to bed RIGHT NOW and I am distracted by the game which is not going well.


My sister Nora is in town. I will see her and Leif at Mother's tomorrow after bible study and we will arrange a place and time to get together again. Their time is really getting all booked and I would really like to spend a bit of time with them. It is hard when one is only in the area for a few days and everybody wants some time.

We are supposed to have a pleasant week and we are looking for good news on Tuesday when Dick sees Dr. Fehrman. At least we will be able to see what is happening under that big ball of bandages.

Take care - until tomorrow.


Mary

So

No comments: