Monday, September 22, 2008

A charmed day. Chelsea and I headed out on our walk at a bit after 6AM. It is so pleasant this time of the year. I got back and prepared a couple of pieces of mail, showered, fixed breakfast and greeted Dick and Brenda when they woke up and before I left.

I had to tell them what there was around to prepare for breakfast.

Then I zipped over to Plymouth Care to bring Dick his iced tea and give him a morning kiss before heading to Sheboygan Falls for bible study. Interesting readings. The Jewish people always felt that children suffered from the sins of their parents and that the children were not responsible for their deeds. Ezekial refuted this long before Jesus came along and stated that we are responsible for our own actions. The Gospel is the one about the two sons who were asked by their father to work in the vineyard. The first said NO and then went, the second said YES and then didn't go. Hard to understand but again we are reasponsible for our actions.

Then I went to Mom's. Nora and Leif were there and the four of us had a nice visit. I brought them up to date on Dick's condition. We are planning to get together on Wednesday and they will stop in to visit with Dick.

WE had lunch in the sunroom at the care center with Richard, Brenda, Jim and Michelle. A perfect end to Richard and Brenda's visit. I stayed until about 3:30PM and then ran some errands before I came home to be with Chelsea and feed her and me our supper before going back to spend a couple more hours with Dick.

Barbara called tonight to let us know that they are with us in all of this. So many good people praying. Miracles will happen.

We have Dick taking Tums for the calcium now. Richard was the one who suggested that. Calcium and vitamin D are so important. I remember when the boys were little that they would get colds and sick more in the winter when the sun was not out giving them those vitamin Ds. We made them plural and I would chase them around and pinch them and say Vitamin D Vitamin D and they would giggle and run away from me. We had fun.

All done now and ready to get prepared for bed.

C O W S

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.

Love

Mary

No comments: