Saturday, September 27, 2008

I liked today. Chelsea and I slept until shortly after six and it was almost light when we started on our walk.

I got caught up on our bills and in quicken, emailed a couple of people, washed and folded a couple of loads of wash and got over to see Dick shortly before 9 so I could tell him that I had to go and pick up or SHARE order. It was all ready so I was back to the Care Center by 9:30and able to visit until shortly after 11AM.

Then I left to take care of Chelsea and go over to Bobbie's house. We sent to Jumes for lunch. I had a tuna melt, one of my favorite things. Then we proceeded to go to the Sheboygan County Quilt Guild's annual show. It was at a different place this year, the South Alliance Church out past Deertrace Shopping Center in Kohler. A bigger place and it made for a nice show. Lovely quilts and Bobbie and I ran into a lot of old friends. The shops represented were great too. I bought one little wool kit that will be to set my single cup tea pot on. It is so cute.

I was home by 4. I took care of Chelsea and prepared a serving of Crab Louis to take with me to the Care Center so I could sup with Dick. He is feeling much better today. I took his CPAP machine to him last night and it seems to be making all the difference in the world. DUH!!! Where was our brain? Well, we know now.

I came home at 7. We watched the Wisconsin game until it became too painful. Somehow it reminded me of my Grandpa Deeley and the Milwaukee Braves. They were Milwaukee's team before the Brewers, you know. Grandpa LOVED the Braves and would sit up in his room with his radio and listen to every game. He had his own way of keeping track of the score and how they were doing. Grandpa used a cane. I his Braves won, he trotted down the stairs swinging that cane like it was a fashion statement. If they lost, he NEEDED it, descending slowly and with great difficulty.

One game, the Braves fell way behind and were making lots of mistakes. It got to the 9th inning and he figured they were done and came hobbling down the stairs in disgust. When he got to the main floor, his son, my Uncle George, said something to the effect that they were really coming back and Grandpa roared and headed back up the stairs. I guess he made it for the end and he never gave up before the LAST ball was thrown after that.

Love

Mary

No comments: