Sunday, September 28, 2008

I got to sleep until 6:15 this morning. That is almost unheard of. It is kind of dark at that time, but not too bad. Chelsea seems to be getting a bit tired. She sits down more often. But once she sits, she speeds off again, so she is not TOO worn out.

I got to the Care Center at 9AM. Dick and I were both so tired that we BOTH took naps. I went tot he 10:45 Mass. Fr. Van Beeck had a good story. He asked everybody to pick up their envelope for the Super Raffle that will be held at St. John's in November. He said it will save mailing costs of 50 Cents per person which amounts to about $800 for the parish. But then he said that he understood that everybody would be in a hurry to either watch the Packers or the Brewers. He then proceeded to tell us about his sister, the sister, who is a nun stationed in Africa. At their Motherhouse, in the chapel, on Packer Game day, candles are lit for the Packers. Fr. Van Beeck said, "Just think what God is going through. In all the other football cities, there are nunneries with candles lit to Him, asking that He help their team win. He must be in a quandry." What to do, what to do.

Actually, I think God probably laughs at us.
When I got back, Jim and Michelle were there and we all watched the end of the game together. The Packers lost. At one point it looked like they would pull it off, then things fell apart. Icky.

The Brewers, however, did win and I believe have clinched a wild card spot.

I took care of Chelsea at about four and brought back the rest of my crab salad to have with Dick when he had his dinner. We just sat together until 7PM til I had to come home to get some rest.

Jeff called to just check in and tell me that he was there if I need him. I wonder if he knows how much that means. I asked him if he will come later, when we have the PT people come and evaluate the house and see what we can do to make it safe and easy for Dick.

Then Jacquie called. I had emailed Vikki and told her what was happening and she called Jacquie. I love those people. Isn't it wonderful that we can be friends still after all these years. I am so glad that Vikki found me again and that she and Bret are seeing each other once in a while. They need each other. Family is SO important.

Now I am closing down for the night. Tomorrow it will be over. Please pray that Dr. Fehrman's skills do the job that they should and for the success of the procedure. I am counting on you.

Love

Mary

No comments: