Friday, October 03, 2008

I got up at about 5:30 this morning to get to the hospital by 7AM so I wouldn't miss Dr. Fehrman. He never came.

However, I was there all morning. I was able to see Dick's therapy. He did pretty well, but of course, has a long way to go. He did sit up in his wheel chair for about three or four hours.

Dr. Phelan came in late morning. He says Dick is about ready to be released to rehab. Either tomorrow or Sunday. Probably tomorrow. He has now taken him off of all the intervenious treatments, either suspended them or changed to oral. He has taken him off of oxygen and removed the catheter. If all is well tomorrow, it is a go.

We have a recurring problem with the wound on his right foot now. Because everything is so tenuous, it is getting aggrivated when he does any weight bearing. Dr. Moreno came over today and debrided it and redressed it. He left instructions for the nurses and we will be following up closely. I will need to find out when we should see him again.

Bobbie came by in the afternoon and spent time with me and then with Dick when I drove home to walk and feed the Chelsea. She was leaving just as I came back at 5PM. I can't tell you how much I appreciate our kids. They are just plain GOOD!!

I ate supper with Dick and then stayed with him until 7 when I had to come home. I am so tired. Dick would have liked me to come back and stay the night with him, but I just can't do anymore today. I need to sleep.

So the news is mostly good. It will be so good to have him close again, and I can bring Chelsea to see him a couple of times a week. I promised him that I would spend the first night back at the Rehab center with him so if he got disoriented, I would be there to remind him of where he is.

It is really hard to realize that it is October already. Soon it will be Halloween. I will get my spider web wall hanging and my bones for the carved post on the front porch out soon. We don't seem to get trick or treaters but that is OK. We did our share at Hunters Glen. I had to get five or six packages of treats there. Now I get one and Dick and I end up eating it eventually. I remember my kids always liked Halloween. We always lived in neighborhoods that they could safely go, at least in groups.

Have a good Saturday.

Love

Mary

Subject: Important Stock Information

Best advice I can give.

Normally I avoid discussing any advice regarding buying or selling of stocks, but I felt this is important enough to share and warn you since this explosive situation might prove to be yet another ENRON. Please review any holdings you might have in the following stocks: American Can, Interstate Water, National Gas Company, Northern Tissue Company.
Due to uncertain market conditions, I advise you to sit tight on your American Can, hold your Water, and let go of your Gas. You may be interested to know that Northern Tissue touched a new bottom today, and millions were wiped clean.
It's a tough market out there. Be careful!

No comments: