Saturday, September 20, 2008

A strange Saturday. I woke up tired and stayed that way most of the day, though I did have a fairly decent sleep. Chelsea tried to get me up at 5AM. Silly girl.

I did a bunch of stuff here. I feel much more in control. Then went to see Dick at 9ish. He had a so so night but no events. He was all clean and dressed. We had a fairly quiet morning, no therapy. I came back home at 11ish to wait for Bobbie and Bill and Jim and Michelle to discuss things. That went well and we all went over to celebrate with Dick for an hour or so. Then Jim and Michelle came home and cleaned the house and took care of Chelsea, bless them. They have been just wonders during all of this. I just hope they know how I feel. Chelsea too. I went to church at 4 then came back to sup with Dick. He does like that. We had soup and grilled cheese sandwich, one of my favorite meals.

After we got back to the room, Dick was Very tired and started to doze a lot so I came home at 7 to do some more home stuff.

I filled out my fantasy football sheet. Looking at it reminded me of a Bart story. He played soccer when he was in grade school. One year he got on a team with purple uniforms. The teams got to pick their own names. That was the year Denver, a football team of course, but more popular than soccer in our country, was really hot. The Orange Crush. The kids wanted to be the Purple People Eaters. One of our moms spent five minutes explaining the Orange Crush and touting it and really making it sound SO wonderful. Then she asked. "Do you want to be PURPLE CRUSH or purple people eaters." and eleven little boys in unison shouted. "Purple People Eaters." So that is what they were. Their banner was so cute purple people eaters with each of the boys names in them and they got to keep them at the end of the season. I wonder whatever happened to that.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Mary

No comments: