Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I have been back and forth to Plymouth Care Center four round trips today and I am exhausted. Dick is really exhausted too.

First, though, I got up at 6, walked Chelsea and then gave her a bath. She was filthy and this is the day I decided to take her over to see Dick.

I walked over this morning at a little before 9AM. It is about a mile and takes 15 to 20 minutes. An easy walk but I won't want to be doing it in the evening as I wouldn't want to talk it in the dark.

By the time I got there he had already been visited by the Occupational Therapist who is making sure that he can bath and dress himself and is helping get him moving around safely. He had Physical Therapy at about 1oAM. I went down with him. They put him through a nice steady regimen that should keep his muscles in shape and will help him again with moving safely.

I brought lasagna and ate with him in the dining room. He had turkey and said it was quite good. He still has little appetite but did OK.

After lunch, I walked home and got Chelsea ready and in the car. She loves a ride so was very excited. She was a good girl at the Center. Bobbie and Bill were also visiting. I think that was good because she had four people she knew in this room we sat in. We did not stay long as she was kind of hyper and I did not want her to tire Dick or wear out her welcome. She did so well that she can go again in a day or so.

Then I stayed with Dick til it was time to go and give Chelsea her meal and medicine. I stopped at KMart to find some shorts for Dick and at the bank also. I fixed myself supper when I got home. I had more soup.

I stayed with Dick then this evening until about 8. He was sleeping most of the time but likes to have me there.

Now it is time to sleep. I don't seem to really get rested. I did try dozing in the chair we brought for Dick today. But it is hard when they come in every so often to check things. They seem to be coming in all the time, until he pages them for something. Then it takes forever. The nurses are all very kind and caring but often slow in response. I imagine that is simply logistics. They can't be two places at once but sometimes the need gets pretty urgent.

So that is the story of the day. Tomorrow, I will be lunching with Mother and Kate Sliwinski, who is related through the Ullrichs on the Uelman side of the family. Sounds complicated doesn't it. My Grandma Bowser was an Uelman and one of her sisters married an Ullrich. I think. I am sure all will become clearer tomorrow. Anyway we are going to Firehouse Pizza and I have decided that I am going to have pizza. I have been hungry for one for some time now and will satisfy that hunger.

Have a good day. And we appreciate the prayers so much.

Love

Mary

No comments: