Monday, September 15, 2008

This morning I shut Chelsea out of the bedroom and actually slept until 6:30AM. It was such a pleasure and I REALLY needed that extra sleep. Then Chelsea and I had quite a nice walk before I headed over to check in on Dick.

His night was not too good. He woke up and was confused and got himself out of bed and into his wheel chair by himself. Not good. They took an X-Ray just to be sure. Dr. Fehrman will not be able to look at it until tomorrow BUT Dr. De Roos, who actually put Jim back together 20 some years ago, looked at it and did not tell them to bring him right back. He said that Dr. Fehrman can look in the morning. Whew, we think.

Tonight they will put a motion sensor on the floor when Dick is in the bed in case he dozes off and has a similar problem. I will sleep better knowing that.

I went to bible study this morning. We had a nice session and all shared our concerns and will keep each other firmly wrapped in prayer. This is a wonderful support group for us. They are all SO caring and helpful.

I then went over to Mom's for a short visit. A friend of hers picked her up at 11:00 and I was able to help get Mom and her walker into the car. I also picked up a deposit to take to the bank for her. I am her banker, you know.

Dick and I then had lunch together in his room. We had intended to join the guys in the dining room but he was still hooked up to the IV drip and it was just too difficult. So they brought our trays to us. I had ordered a meal to eat with him today. I am glad that I did. It was ribs with broccoli and baked potato and a nice cheesecake/strawberry dessert.

I stayed until about 3:30PM when it was time to go take care of Chelsea and get to my appointment for physical therapy for my knee. Becky did an evaluation and has prescribed three exercises to help strengthen the muscles around the knee. I will see her once a week.

I fixed soup and crackers for my dinner then went back to spend the evening with Dick. I sure hope he sleeps better tonight but we did have a pleasant visit.

This morning I pulled myself together and got two poems sent of to the Robert Frost Foundation poetry contest. I need to be creative again. Actually, during the past couple of weeks, I have crocheted a penguin which I gave to Michelle, a koala bear, who still needs a home and am working on an appliqued St. Basil. I get so restless so have to vary my activities a lot.

Tomorrow, Chelsea gets a bath. Then I can take her to see her man. She will hate the bath and love the little outing.

Nora called tonight and my friend Janet stopped by the Care Center this afternoon. With all the support I received at bible study, I am pretty strong for this evening anyway.

I am going to embellish a Maxine for you for a thought to sleep on. Just think in 40 years we will have a whole bunch of old ladies named Tiffany and Amber with tattoos AND to top that picture off, rap music will be the golden oldies.

Love

Mary

No comments: