Saturday, August 23, 2008

This was a strange day. Chelsea and I had our walk, of course, but had to cut it short because we were trucking along pretty good when I heard thunder in the sky so I decided that we had better get home. Thunder can be an indication of lightening AND heavy rain and I did not want to be stuck out in that. Chelsea is so deaf that she does not hear thunder any more, but she is an agreeable little thing and if I head back that is where we go.

I picked up Kate at about 9AM and we went to get the Share and sign up for next month. That went well, I picked up Jim and Michelle's Share also as Jim had a doctor's appointment this morning at about the same time. Then Kate wanted to go and get some breakfast so I went with her and I had a cup of coffee as I had already eaten. Then we hooked Dick up to the sequential for his first session. Then after lunch, I cleaned his legs and wounds and rewrapped the legs. The wrapping with the tubes IS keeping the swelling down.

At about 2:30 I left to go to Bobbie and Bill's to feed my kitties. They are on vacation. I also got to glean from Bobbie's garden. The tomatoes are marvelous. The plants themselves got a fungus and Bobbie is really irritated, but the tomatoes that had already set are just fine and delicious. My kitties seemed glad to see me and let me pet them and hold them. I miss them so very much. Maybe if we get the by law changed, I can have them back by Christmas. I sure hope so. I makes me so sad without them.

Jim and Michelle had to take their Boots to the veterinarian today. We now know that there is NOT a Vet on call in Plymouth on Saturday or Sunday. They had to take him to Port Washington. He had blood in his urine and is now set up with pain pills and they will probably have to change is food after they see the vet again next week. Poor little guy.

After I left my kitties, I went directly to church for mass. Now, tomorrow, the only thing I will have to do is go to take care of the kitties in the afternoon. Jim and Michelle are going with me. Maybe that will be easier.

Here is a quote from Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul by a Jean Cocteau about Kitties. "I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul."

The evening has been quiet. I called Bart and Barb because I had not heard from them for a while and then my brother George called. It is good to have people who care about you call. I am just tired.

We had pork and lima beans for supper. Was that ever good. I prepare the lima beans with cheese and cream of mushroom soup and it is SO good.

Tomorrow will be quiet and maybe I can settle my soul.

Love

Mary

No comments: