Monday, August 04, 2008

During last night it thundered and poured rain and lightening was cracking all around. It was toward morning. As a matter of fact, Chelsea got me up at 5:30AM and we couldn't go for a walk anyway. I took her out but it was raining pretty good and thunder was rumbling above us. Fortunately, she can't hear it anymore, so she did her duty pretty quickly and we zipped back in the house. I laid down on the couch and rested for about an hour because I was still quite tired. Then Dick got up and I put the sequential compression on his legs while I took a shower to get ready for the rest of the day.

Bible study was well attended. There were nine of us. The readings were nice too. They talked about faith and hearing God speaking to us. Elijah didn't hear God in the earthquake or the high winds or find him in the fire but found him in a quiet whisper. Sometimes we have to look in the quiet places to find him. The gospel was the one where Jesus walked on water. Remember, Peter asked to join him and Jesus said to come ahead. Peter started out gamely enough but then looked at the storm around him and got scared and sank. So Jesus pulled him up and back to the boat. HOWEVER, it was pointed out in one of our commentaries, Peter was brave enough to START walking on the water. Even though his doubt caused him to start sinking, he was the only one to even TRY.

Then I stopped in to see Mother. She is fine as usual. I brought her some soup, fruit salad and a piece of pie. Donna and Randy brought food over too so she says she is set for the week. She loves it because we fix things that she does not. I had her medicine and money too.

Then home to fix a quick lunch and get Dick to Dr. Moreno by 1:15PM. The appointment went quite well. Dr. Moreno is very pleased with the wounds on his right leg, except for a funny skin buildup that he has on the side. But we just have to watch that. The left huge deep callous is about the same. We have to go back in a week.

When we got home, he rested for a while. I had a lot of stuff to do. Trash and fixing dinner and just things that pile up but I got it all done before dinner. Then I went over to spend some time with Boots before I drove to Rhine for the monthly meeting. That went quite well. I had ordered a coupon set for the converter box for TVs. We did not need one but the club did and I gave the other to one of the members.

Now the day is about done. Dick is on the sequential for the last session and I have one more trip outside with the dog. Tomorrow I can probably stay home all day. I have a lot of things that I want to get done so I surely hope so.

I hope Michelle had a successful meeting in St. Louis, searching for information about her father. It is important to know where we came from and she deserves that. They made it to St. Louis safe and sound. I hope they are not melting in the heat. If all continues as it has, I won't have to water their tomato plant at all. The rain is taking care of that. Mother and Ione, my bible study friend, both registered two inches on their rain gauges.

Hope you have a happy Tuesday too.

Til tomorrow

Mary

1 comment:

Jim and Michelle said...

Our meeting in St. Louis went well. Got more information on my Father...not much more, but a little. He was a bad boy in the service. He had a court martial for not showing up to his post. Found out he was a Sr. Food Service person while he served. He also stole a uniform from someone's closet. Got in trouble for that. :-) I now know where I get my naughty side. Then we went to Rock Island National Cemetery today and it's a site. And quite an awesome sight. Found his grave stone and took a photo. They gave me name of Funeral Home that took care of his service in Carol Stream, Illinois. So I will be calling them soon. Take care, Love, Michelle