Sunday, June 15, 2008

A lovely day. Father's Day and we had a nice warm fuzzy day. Jim and Michelle, Bobbie and Bill joined Dick and Brenda and Dick and me for breakfast this morning. I went to the 8AM mass and got home at 9AM, in time to prepare a nice egg dish with sausages on the side for the non vegetarians. Jim and Michelle brought a special coffee and I had baked really great fresh cranberry scones on Saturday. It was a nice finish to an altogether special Father's Day weekend.

After breakfast the Dick and Brenda and Bobbie and Bill headed up to Green Bay to visit their mother Barbara who is back in the hospital. Pray for her. She has been having difficulty breathing and they are saying that the cancer is back. Her poor body has really gone through quite enough.

The rest of the day was quite. Chelsea is relieved. I think she is longing for the quiet days when people seldom came by our place. Here she is getting old and we are having all KINDS of people invading her space and disrupting her routine. Just when she thought she had us almost trained.

I make Wolfgang Puck's recipe for mac and cheese today. I had to make a few adjustments because (forgive me Wolfgang) I just COULDN'T see spending $50 for mushrooms for an experiment. I used portabella mushrooms, which the produce manager at the Pig said are another "woody" mushroom. It would be interesting if I could taste Wolfgang's and find out if there is a lot of difference. We liked it a lot, but Dick really likes the traditional Cheddar, (and I think Velveeta) based mac and cheeses best. I might make this again though. It WAS good.

This is turning out to be fun. As most of you know, I have been trying a new Mac and Cheese every month. This is the 5th. So far Dianne Sawyer's is our favorite, with Robin Roberts coming up a healthy second.

Tomorrow will be a busy day but I will have to take the time to water all the pots on the deck and porch. Everything is green and most of the plants are growing. I planted several tomato plants. I have never in all my 68 years done well with tomato plants. Watch - this year they all all do well and I will not be able to find homes for all my produce.

Talked to Bart today. He sounds good. He had some suggestions for us to ask the doctor about pain management for Dick's knee. He is the expert on that and I have made notes. We see Dr. Murphy on Thursday.

Love

Mary

No comments: