Friday, June 20, 2008

Chelsea and I started our day with a nice brisk walk as we usually do. It was very pleasant weather for walking and the mosquitoes were not swarming.

Sarah, the physical therapist, came a bit after 8AM. She called on her way for directions being aware that Highland Avenue is in the middle of a construction mess. She helped me figure out what length we need for a ramp, now we have to start shopping around to find exactly what we want and also to determine if we can afford it.

Dick reviewed his exercises with her also.

I called the moving company that we used when we came here and they will come Monday at about 2PM to help us move the furniture from room to room. I also called Time Warner and they will send someone on Monday morning to get the hookup ready for the computer transfers.

Dick used the shower bench for the second time and with the few changes we made he is much more comfortable. Standing is just too hard.

I had lunch with my bank buddies today. It has been several weeks so I had a lot to hear about. Everybody is well and we had a good gabby lunch. Even under new ownership, they still have the grilled cheese sandwich. That makes me happy.

This evening, as instructed by Jim and Michelle, I left the house at 5PM. My friend, Nancy, could not go after all so I did not go out shooting. Instead I went to the Exchange Bank for an egg salad sandwich and a latte, then walked back up to the Art Center for the opening of the new exhibit. The main artist is a Dolores Marusarz. She was there and is charming. As charming as her paintings. If you want to see her work, her website is http://marusart.tripit.com. There were two pieces I would like to have if I had more money and more wall space. There were two artists displayed in what they call, the Alcove. Gary Zimmerman, a photographer, was one of them and I had a nice talk with him. He has two also that I would like. One is a fox kit peeking around a tree, the other a beautiful shot of the sky from inside an old silo. Hard to explain. I told him about my red winged blackbird and showed him the poem and picture in my book.

My friend Beth Hoegger played piano for the reception. She IS really good and it was a pleasure listening to her. She gets called for the Art Center occasionally.

I also saw other friends. Linda, who went to school with my sister Dolores, I think her maiden name was Sebald, Rosalie Hartman and Peter Ullrich. So I had a good time. The art would have been enough.

I did a bit of shopping after I left the opening and then came home. I WAS 10 minutes early but they let me in anyway. Our house is sparkling. Jim and Michelle worked like whirling dervishes. They cleaned the living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathrooms. Jim even got the fan blades for me. And Michelle got the fronts of all the appliances and the corners of the kitchen floor. I hope they realize what a big help this is to us and how grateful we are for them being here for us.

It rained again tonight. It started just before we left the Art Center and it just poured. The skies literally opened and the rain tumbled down. The light was just right because as we left we all saw a gorgeous full rainbow in the sky. It was still in its full glory when I arrived at Walgreens but by the time I left it had faded. Rainbows mean good luck and are the promise of God so things are looking pretty good about now.

Have a good weekend.

Love you all

Mary

No comments: