Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chelsea and I slept until almost 6:30AM. That is unheard of but I wish it would happen every day the I don't have to get up earlier. We had a pleasant walk. She decided to go through the park, not the long way, but along the close side. I think the weeds that she likes to eat are now at their peak and she is liking her little snacks as we go along.

We spent the day kind of getting ready for Monday when the BIG MOVE takes place. I picked up everything from off of the floor on the couch side and stacked it so that the movers will have free space to just move furniture. I also moved the stereo away from the windows as the couch will end up there. I also cleaned out the paper and envelopes from the shelves of the desk that sits in front of our desks. This also holds the printer and fax machine. We are going to replace the fax machine as the catch shelves have broken and it is will over 10 years old and kind of bulky. We really doubt that we would be able to replace the shelves or even at this point find the ink and toner cartridges.

Dick did a lot of cleaning of his desk. We still have tomorrow and part of Monday. Time Warner will be here early on Monday to move the computer jack. I figure they can help us move stuff too or at least tell us what gets plugged in.

This is the first week of the new Mass schedule and I was a little disappointed. Fr. Van Beeck was kind of nervous about getting to Elkhart on time and asked us to do without a sermon. I hope this will not be a pattern. I like his sermons and actually since our bible study does a preread and discussion, I like to hear his comments on the readings. We will certainly be shortchanged if we do not hear his sermons.

Tonight we watched a little bit of Lawrence Welk on PBS. We were watching Big Tiny Little play the piano and it reminded me of when I was very young. Nora and I both took piano lessons when we were young from Cyrilla Danks who was a friend of Mother's and the organist and choir director for St. Mary's Church. She was a good teacher and we were good students but we definitely did not have that SPARK. I know that I was a plodding "by the book" pianist. I could sight read but was not able to shine. It has been very helpful to me throughout my life however. In choir it is a great asset and did I tell you I wrote a song? Well I did. Beth Hoegger is going to help me get it into a music program on her computer. It is a very simple song but pleasant, I think.

Tomorrow, since I am now going to Mass on Saturday's will be an at home day and we can get everything ready for the moving and Time Warner people.

Have a good Sunday.

Mary

No comments: