Friday, April 11, 2008

Wow. This day has been a whirlwind.

I woke up real early because my back hurt. When I am in bed that long that sometimes happens. SO. I just let Chelsea out the garage door, for her initial business. She was a bit upset with me because it was lightening and thundering but I made her stay out until she was done.

We did go for a walk a bit later. I found that I got really tired and kind of out of breath so we turned back earlier than she wanted to. Except for that initial weakness and a bit of a sore throat, I am no worse for wear. I will be relieved when I get my clean bill of health on the biopsies. I expect clean bills because I have had no symptoms of any problems and this was just a standard test.

Dick had his second physical therapy session this morning. He is doing very well. We had a young attractive lady named Dara putting him through his paces today.

We were able to get a shower for Dick in between this appointment and the procedure with Dr. Siddique. Good thing because he is not supposed to get the leg that was worked on wet for a week. It is going to be a saran wrap event and we will not attempt it for at least a couple of days. This procedure was called a Stab Phlebectomy. Sounds pretty serious which it isn't BUT they do stab and then remove veins. Dr. Siddique did 18 "pokes" and removed at least 18 pieces of vein. So it was not the easiest of the procedures. But not the worst either. We got home at about 2:30 and we both rested

I actually feel better tonight than I did this morning though I am really tired.

Jim and Michelle took us out for dinner tonight to thank us for watching their Bootsie for them. We needed a visit. We found out that their home phone is just not ringing. I was getting a bit frustrated because I would call after I had heard their car and not get an answer so I would either leave a message on her cell or an email or both. They will now check as to why the phone is not ringing. That is not a good thing. I had told Dick that it would do no good to call them if we REALLY needed them if the phone doesn't ring.

We had a lovely dinner at the Wilderness AND found out that they are now serving breakfast so Dick and I can try them next Wednesday. We are trying to find a place besides Mc Donalds that has a decent no smoking area. There is NOTHING.

When we got home Dick invited them to play a game of hearts with us. that was fun. Jim whipped us all royally.

He is feeling pretty good. A little sore in the throat and his taste buds are not fully reawakened BUT he is doing fine.

Dick and I are going to the Fireside tomorrow. At least I hope we are both going. Dick wants to but is waiting to see how he feels in the morning. I am SO looking forward to spending a day with him at FUN. Bobbie and Bill are also going to this show - Anything Goes. I can spend the $10. coupon I won for stumping the Band at the last show with "Whiskey on a Sunday". Jim and Michelle will help our Chelsea by letting her out during the day and feeding her at about 5PM. She CAN make it but she is old and if we have a relief for her we like to provide it.

I am glad that this week is over. Next week is just as busy.

Take care and know that I pray for you all every day.

Love

Mary

No comments: