Wednesday, April 09, 2008

We have been quite occupied today. Started out with the Chelsea walk at 6:30AM.

Then Dick and I drove to the Family Restaurant for breakfast. It was my last meal until tomorrow after my colonoscopy is over. I was able to have eggs and white bread. We are about to give up on the Family Restaurant. We like their food and their waitstaff, BUT it is a smoky place. Sometimes it is OK, but if they get a gang at their counter, which is right in the non smoking section, it is just gaggy. I don't know what it is about Plymouth. They don't have much for breakfast and even less that is non smoking.

Then we did our grocery shopping and came home. Dick took his nap then. He fixed all his own meals today so I don't have to look at food. Chelsea feels that she is being cheated because whenever ONE of us eats she expects the other to eat too.

Dick had his first physical therapy session today. It went quite well. He is definitely, as he puts it, wobbly. He was put through several tests and then several exercises. The idea is to increase his ability to maintain balance. It was quite interesting. We are scheduled for three weeks of three sessions each.

Then home again. I am now in the middle of "getting empty" for the procedure tomorrow, so I am not too happy. But this too will pass. Bad choice of words.

Walking this morning I was delighted to see worms all over the road. I think I have mentioned before that I have come to know that this is a final sign of spring. After the first few spring rains, the worms come up out of the freshly thawed earth to avoid drowning. I wrote a haiku about this some time ago that goes like this.

Rain soaking the dirt
Drives earthworms up from the deep
Drowning the sluggards.

This provides a true feast for the robins who get very fat this time of year.

Love

Mary

No comments: