Saturday, March 08, 2008

A quiet day at home for the most part. It was 5 degrees when I took Chelsea out this morning. We did not go far. It was a sunny day though so some of the snow and ice from the roof did drip down to the ground.

I finally got back to the tree quilt today. I have been putting it off because of other projects and FEAR. I was afraid to get back into freehand machine quilting. So today, I read all my notes and did a practice piece AND got a whole tree machine-appliqued and it looks GOOD. Only 12 more to go. I also cut out the basis for a Santa block that I want to get done for Christmas.

I went to Mass tonight because I will be going to Wisconsin Dells to see Chicago at the Broadway Theater. I decided that my friend Kate needed a break if she was able to leave Ron alone for the day, so I asked her if she felt that she could. She is going. Would you believe that when she was in London several years ago, she tried to get tickets for Chicago. She was unable to get them and ended up seeing My Fair Lady. So she is really excited.

Dick is feeling OK. We got his shower done today. The leg that Dr. Siddique worked on yesterday is not bothering him at all but the right one still is bothering him from the work done last week.

We are eating chili tonight. It turned out SO good. You know my chili is always OK but sometimes it is great and this borders on great. We still have some pumpkin pie left too. I have four or five pieces left. If you hurry you could still get some.

Maya Angleou said that "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song."

Remember that and sing.

Mary

No comments: