Sunday, March 09, 2008

Such a pleasant Sunday. Kate and I left for the Dells and Chicago at 9AM from the Kmart parking lot. The Broadway Theater is a true dinner theater. You watch the show from the table and the same place that you are served your dinner. We were seated on the second level of tables, just perfect for a good view of the whole stage without having to look up and strain ones neck.

The meal was very good. A homemade tomato basil soup served hot over the freshly grated Parmesan and the croutons in the bowls on our table, hot rolls, chicken AND beef, a nice vegetable medley including yellow carrots from California (new to me) and a baked potato.

This is one of the few regional theaters that has gotten permission to do Chicago. And they put on a very good performance. I LOVED the actor who played Amos Hart was truly super. Velma and Roxie were excellent. The only one that I would have liked something more and different from was the woman who played Matron Mama Morton. She seemed kind of blah. Not bad, just a bit colorless. They served dessert, apple cobbler ala mode during the intermission. Kate and I ordered a Tommy Gun Daquiri so we could bring home the glass. I was right, it is just the same style as three other glasses that I got on various trips so we can use them for fun when I have company.

The drive was nice. A bit of snow occasionally but none stayed on the ground and our driver made GOOD time. We were home about a half and hour early which was really nice.

I still like the stage play of Chicago a "hundred times" better than the movie.

Well we are ready to start another week. This week will hold the fifth of Dick's "procedures" then we will have a two week break and so will Dr. Siddique.

I am debating if I should go to the Sheboygan Writers Club tomorrow. I have not been for several months.

Take care and I wish you (and us) an uneventful restful week.

Love

Mary

No comments: